Oakland vs, Whitehaven

Blaze45

Why do you believe your team will win the game? And what do you predict the score range to be?

What? I thought this wasn't a debate?

Interesting turn of events. However, I'm about to hit the road so I won't be able to respond in kind. Why don't you post why you think Oakland will win with the margin of victory that you so dogmatically stated, and when I get an opportunity, I will post my thoughts.

Edited by kwc

Let me ask you Oakland people a question. Does that creasy man want to look at my Murphy Fair book? I garuntee you these Whitehaven boys are real big and strong. You think im joking but im not.

I don't believe anyone is arguing that they're a big/strong team.. heck I'll even say they're a fast team.. I just see it that Oakland is just as big/strong/fast and has a few more athletes, and a much better defense.. I'm not knocking Whitehavens defense by any means..

Can I ask you where is it that you feel Whitehaven has the advantage over Oakland? Just curious

Special K Watkins is the offensive advantage. As great as all Oakland's opponents have been they haven't seen a back with the vision and moves that this kid possesses. I am sure the Pats have seen similar speed but not with the juke ability he has.

On defense, Two Names, Harmon & Saulsberry.

We have college players on our defense, just like Oakland does however we got some Coaching Brain Power that's guaranteed to make Oakland do something it doesn't do well in order to move the ball.

That's it... we got size and speed all over but those two things, Special K and our Defensive coaching are our advantages

I don't believe anyone is arguing that they're a big/strong team.. heck I'll even say they're a fast team.. I just see it that Oakland is just as big/strong/fast and has a few more athletes, and a much better defense.. I'm not knocking Whitehavens defense by any means..

Here's my take. From everyone's responses this Oakland team is the most athletic and talented team that has come through Rutherford County, on top of being skilled, well coached, and hungry for a ring after 3 straight semifinals they're just demolishing teams and not even the Great Maryville could offer resistance. No offense but to us Oakland is only super athletic/talented by middle/eastern TN standards. The mid/east is known for big hard hitting well coached players, and the west is known for speedsters and raw athletes. Not saying that either side doesn't have both attributes. I guarantee they don't have more raw athletes or speed than we do or the average team in Memphis. We could put together our top 4 fastest dbs/wrs and they would give any hs 4x1 track team a run for their money. The talent and speed advantage that Oakland has had over every team they've faced so far will be null n void in this game. Now they are gonna be well coached and very disciplined, but so are we. People only thinking Oakland defense is gonna shut us out like they're doing everyone else because they're used to a speed and talent advantage and they've never seen our team live like they've seen Oakland. The state will see on Saturday. Can't wait! (Insert Bart Scott gif)

Edited by Havengrad04

Ty chandler with MBA was held for 80 yards in both Ensworth games with over 20 carries in each. That's what happens when you go against a good defense. Juke ability means nothing if you are not getting past the line or linebackers - if you guys control the line he has a shot at working some but my feeling is you will need to mix it up.

'Maybe I am wrong and you can shove it down their throat - -sure the cocah will try but if it does not work then I suspect he will need to try other plays . Oakland is also plenty fast in the secondary. I watched ty chandler scorch ba because they have no one who can run with him once he breaks into the open - not sure that's a weakness of this Oakland team

Good luck to you guys . Not that it matters but I am pulling for you guys - I like an underdog but I don't get the chest pounding - look at me bravado without some humility -so I am sure if so the board will light up with more of that.

Not with kwc - -always liked his post. You have toned it down and would pick up more support if you show some humility at times in the midst of our assurdness - but to each his own

Special K Watkins is the offensive advantage. As great as all Oakland's opponents have been they haven't seen a back with the vision and moves that this kid possesses. I am sure the Pats have seen similar speed but not with the juke ability he has.

On defense, Two Names, Harmon & Saulsberry.

We have college players on our defense, just like Oakland does however we got some Coaching Brain Power that's guaranteed to make Oakland do something it doesn't do well in order to move the ball.

That's it... we got size and speed all over but those two things, Special K and our Defensive coaching are our advantages

Edited by baylorbigdog1976