Oakland vs, Whitehaven

Blaze45

Well, if you read that article, you know that Whitehaven isn't going to change anything. Whitehaven plans to run the ball and stop the run. To a man, the same mantra. Whitehaven is confident, as noted by the journalist. Nothing we haven't expressed. Sounds like the guys are READY!

Good article. Thanks for posting that Havengrad04.

Edited by kwc

Well, if you read that article, you know that Whitehaven isn't going to change anything. Whitehaven plans to run the ball and stop the run. To a man, the same mantra. Whitehaven is confident, as noted by the journalist. Nothing we haven't expressed. Sounds like the guys are READY!

Good article. Thanks for posting that Havengrad04.

Reading this has me even more hype. Funny how they're saying the exact same thing we're saying on here. Like Kylan said all we gotta do is stay calm, play ball, and we'll be fine.

Just curious, I never saw any of the Ravenwood vs Whitehaven games either year. So my question is, did they stop the run either year? And also did the Haven have a back up plan if they're run didn't work?

Both years that Ravenwood defense gave us fits, just like our defense gave them fits. We run the ball. That's what we do. We can throw it. Against Ravenwood it was a little of both but more run then pass definitely. It was tough sledding all game however, in both games. We didn't mount a lot of offense in either game. Neither did they. They made plays when necessary. We made plays when necessary. They made more then we did at the opportune times. A lot of punting by both teams.  Each game was closely contested. 

When we played Maryville in 2011. We got out of character and started passing the ball more then we normally did. We had a very capable QB at that time. We've never repeated that again. We won't this game either. The next year in 2012, we pounded the rock consistently. That's our MO. We aren't going to change stripes now, that would be foolish. We pound the rock.