Oakland vs, Whitehaven

Blaze45

As a fan of football I was very disappointed in this game. It was about as exciting as watching middle school soccer. I expected more out of Oakland. The only excitement was the last big run by the Tigers. Congrats on a great season Whitehaven.

I tried to tell anyone who would listen that the defenses were THAT good. Now, you're disappointed? You weren't paying attention obviously.

Like I said it was not an exciting game. I should have stayed at home and watched it.

Defensive games aren't exciting to those who crave to see a lot of scoring. However, I loved it. I was excited the whole game!

Well, can't please everybody. However, I DID tell people, over, and over, and over ... Whitehaven's 'D' was stout. Everybody from East/Middle already knew about Oakland's 'D'.

I guess you were hoping that I didn't know what I was talking about and that Oakland would score more points.

I tried to tell you. Had you listened to me, you could have stayed home.

Oh well.

When Whitehaven won the title in 2012, the Walgreens on the corner of Elvis Presley and Raines, the 24-hour Walgreens, sold 2012, Class 6A, State Champ t-shirts and hoodies. I bought myself a t-shirt and a hoodie.

I say that because I'm anticipating that they will put some 2016 Whitehaven State champ t-shirts and hoodies on sale this time as well. If they do, I will post it in this forum to let ya'll know.

Edited by kwc

If the team you wanted to win didn't, I can see how it wasn't exciting. All the action don't always come from the offense...a person that knows football would say you don't see games or defenses like that often especially in championship games....most of the championship games were high scoring with no defense...this was a real football game that whitehaven won so to take away from that, oh it was boring and a waste of money!!! Hilarious..

Well, well, well, gather round everybody. There's enough Crow and Humble Pie to go around for everyone who doubted...

Not disrespecting a pretty good Whitehaven team, but I said early this year after watching the Kickoff Classic and a couple games that Oakland was going to be a tough tough team to beat, I think you can say that tonight's game was probably the championship game. Yes they still have to face a tough Whitehaven team, but I would bet that even the Red Rebels would say that Oakland is playing ball on another level at this point and time. Picking Oakland to win it by 3 scores or more 

f98f26696cf4f386436c6a112610f1a2.jpg

Oakland by less than a TD. 2 very athletic teams with good defenses and run oriented offenses.. should be a good game in cookeville!

Whitehaven will be much more athletic than Maryville. Maryville passed the ball very well against Oakland. Should have stayed with that more. Not the deep passes but the short passes. Turning point in the game was getting greedy with the double pass. That was turning point of game. Oakland is very predictable on offense. Certain offensive formation and certain play. Hate to say it but Whitehaven will beat Oakland.

1.) Oakland is not my team.. 2.)  ranked in the top 5 in the state year and year out, 3) oh yeah... 24 nationally Out scored their opponent nearly 700-65 this year... Held  Maryvile to minus 2 yards in the first total offense 1st qtr (and they were  running)...  2 first downs entire first half. ..... I wouldn't break my arm telling myself how good I am, and how Middle Tenn plays nobody...considering this side of the bracket had 8 out of 10 top 10 teams in the polls ... 3 score 17-21 pts 

If you got the offense to do that we will see. You guys only put up what 35 on Franklin this year and little ol weak Mt Juliet put up 42 on Franklin so we will see if yall are as great as you think you are? LOL Heck if I remember correctly I think even Wilson Central put up 35 points on Franklin.

Lol Whitehaven is Bama? I am putting my waders on and standing on the nearest chair because the $#/% is getting high on that note. Oakland would be the team closer resembling the Crimson Tide, Whitehaven more like Auburn in today's game. Oakland has speed and power on the ground. Pounds you for 5 or 6 plays and will start slinging it all over the field. They have litterally an SEC defensive backfield ask Maryville... They paid for anything thrown over the middle last night. Oakland by 2 tds. To many smart athletes and will be out coached.