Bradley Central 43 - Baylor 30

Da Bears

Closer than I thought; however, Coach Nelson at Baylor has done a great job of keeping Baylor at the top year in and year out. Coach Smith of Bradley has done a great job as well and it looks like he has his wrestlers at peak performance even early in the year. You have to love the passion he shows for the sport and for his wrestlers. Great to see these two programs wrestling each other. This match will only make both teams better down the road. Congrats to Bradley for winning and for wrestling Baylor and all comers.

I wish I could have been there to see this match as I am sure it was packed and a great atmosphere. These young men will be able to talk about this match for years and years. We need more of these type of matches.

Looking forward to the Cleveland Duals and more great matches. Hoping all will go well for all wrestlers and nobody gets hurt and there are many close matches. This is the premiere Dual Tournament in the state and in my opinion, better than the State Dual Tournament.

Looks like Cleveland and Soddy have taking a big step toward the tops with their wins this past weekend.

Ryan and Bradley will be close in the finals, unless there is a Cleveland upset (I say Ryan by 3 pts if it were February, so being early, Bradley may take this one by 6-10),,, IF there's an upset, having seen both teams this year, I see BC over Cleveland decisively 12+ this early in the season.... Close brawl in January

Edited by Sommers

Bradley Central (BC) 43 Baylor School (BAY) 30
Tuesday, December 7, 2016 @ Baylor

220: Devin Gibson (BC) over Sam Reynolds (BAY) (Fall 5:08)
285: Thompson David (BAY) over Mathew Cheek (BC) (Fall 0:33)
106: Wesley Devaney (BC) over Clayton Pettway (BAY) (MD 17-3)
113: Thomas (TJ) Hicks (BC) over Jake Weekley (BAY) (Fall 0:00)
120: Trey Hicks (BC) over Grant Slye (BAY) (Fall 4:28)
126: Ethan Anderson (BC) over Haden Hardline (BAY) (Dec 11-5)
132: Ryan McElhaney (BC) over Luke Fraley (BAY) (Fall 1:24)
138: Austin Atchley (BAY) over Curtis Rzeplinski (BC) (Fall 1:42)
145: Knox Fuller (BC) over Alex Atchley (BAY) (Dec 6-2)
152: Austin Mathews (BC) over Connor Duffy (BAY) (Dec 10-4)
160: Mason Reiniche (BAY) over Caleb Adkins (BC) (Fall 5:28) 1
70: Riley Westlake (BAY) over Jackson Headrick (BC) (DQ)
182: Khamari Whimper (BAY) over Trey Johnson III (BC) (Fall 4:03)
195: Kevin Gentry (BC) over Derek Duncan (BAY) (Fall 6:14)

Edited by Da Bears

In case anyone hasn't been in the Big Red machine's wrestling Arena and witnessed a big match like this ...which isn't quite eventful as Baylor McCallie, Ryan MBA or Bradley Cleveland, here are a few clips...

Post 1

Part 2

Note: You really have to go to the McCallie Baylor match, I believe will be in the Ted Turner facility in January with over 1000 in attendance. I give that one to McCallie being at home, and they should ultimately move into the top two or three is my early prediction, given a late peaking finish IMO. The Bro's will make it interesting too.

Edited by Sommers

I remember back in the day when the state tournament was at UTC and both Baylor & McCallie would have a large portion of their student body show up and cheer for their respective school.  They were like the Cameron Crazies @ Duke and it was fun to wrestle against them and try to shut them up.  It's to bad schools don't receive better support from their student body.