6A title game officiating

OldPatriot

I've been reading all of the posts about the 6A title game and nobody has mentioned the real MVP's for Whitehaven.  The officiating crew out of Nashville. The folks around me at the game could not believe the no calls.  There are some video clips on Twitter that shows just how bad it really was.  I never agree with Maryville folks on anything but whoever said that if it weren't for the officials, Whitehaven would never have a state championship is a smart person.

Referee Rick Pearson had a view of all of the holding calls from about 7 yds away but never threw it.  I was told by one of the coaches that apparently that was his last game as an official so I guess he just wanted the crap over with.  He only called the obvious while letting the WH left tackle hold and cheap shot over and over again.  Good riddance!!

Darryl Keckler was the umpire that allowed all kinds of cheapshots around him and kept his fat hands in his pocket

Chris Humphreys was the worse.  Look at Twitter.  On 3 and 3 at the WH 22 yard line, Oakland shifted and WH jumped.  Should have been 1 and 10 at the WH 17.  Humphreys called illegal shift on Oakland..........told Creasy one of his guys had moved forward first..........Mr. Humphreys......YOU ARE A LIAR!  Watch the film. It made it 3rd and 9 and Oakland threw a pick on the next play.  the kids steps out 30 yards down the field from where Humphreys spotted it.  Humphreys also allowed #1 from WH to taunt the Oakland coaches.

These three had an agenda and should never officiate again.  I'm sure there all back at their full time jobs bragging about how they took care of that Oakland team....good job men, be proud of yourselves.

Now that I've vented, all of you guys that are gonna ###### about it, watch the film again and tell me I'm wrong.  

Hahahahaha..... you sound like a Maryvile fan named MLREB. The bottom line is that Oakland put too much stock in beating Maryville the previous week and folded up in the 4th quarter, while WH poured it on. The Oakland loss is on Creasey and no one or nothing else.

Edited by MLREB

I've been reading all of the posts about the 6A title game and nobody has mentioned the real MVP's for Whitehaven.  The officiating crew out of Nashville. The folks around me at the game could not believe the no calls.  There are some video clips on Twitter that shows just how bad it really was.  I never agree with Maryville folks on anything but whoever said that if it weren't for the officials, Whitehaven would never have a state championship is a smart person.

Referee Rick Pearson had a view of all of the holding calls from about 7 yds away but never threw it.  I was told by one of the coaches that apparently that was his last game as an official so I guess he just wanted the crap over with.  He only called the obvious while letting the WH left tackle hold and cheap shot over and over again.  Good riddance!!

Darryl Keckler was the umpire that allowed all kinds of cheapshots around him and kept his fat hands in his pocket

Chris Humphreys was the worse.  Look at Twitter.  On 3 and 3 at the WH 22 yard line, Oakland shifted and WH jumped.  Should have been 1 and 10 at the WH 17.  Humphreys called illegal shift on Oakland..........told Creasy one of his guys had moved forward first..........Mr. Humphreys......YOU ARE A LIAR!  Watch the film. It made it 3rd and 9 and Oakland threw a pick on the next play.  the kids steps out 30 yards down the field from where Humphreys spotted it.  Humphreys also allowed #1 from WH to taunt the Oakland coaches.

These three had an agenda and should never officiate again.  I'm sure there all back at their full time jobs bragging about how they took care of that Oakland team....good job men, be proud of yourselves.

Now that I've vented, all of you guys that are gonna ###### about it, watch the film again and tell me I'm wrong.

Moot point

I've been reading all of the posts about the 6A title game and nobody has mentioned the real MVP's for Whitehaven. The officiating crew out of Nashville. The folks around me at the game could not believe the no calls. There are some video clips on Twitter that shows just how bad it really was. I never agree with Maryville folks on anything but whoever said that if it weren't for the officials, Whitehaven would never have a state championship is a smart person.

Referee Rick Pearson had a view of all of the holding calls from about 7 yds away but never threw it. I was told by one of the coaches that apparently that was his last game as an official so I guess he just wanted the crap over with. He only called the obvious while letting the WH left tackle hold and cheap shot over and over again. Good riddance!!

Chris Humphreys was the worse. Look at Twitter. On 3 and 3 at the WH 22 yard line, Oakland shifted and WH jumped. Should have been 1 and 10 at the WH 17. Humphreys called illegal shift on Oakland..........told Creasy one of his guys had moved forward first..........Mr. Humphreys......YOU ARE A LIAR! Watch the film. It made it 3rd and 9 and Oakland threw a pick on the next play. the kids steps out 30 yards down the field from where Humphreys spotted it. Humphreys also allowed #1 from WH to taunt the Oakland coaches.

These three had an agenda and should never officiate again. I'm sure there all back at their full time jobs bragging about how they took care of that Oakland team....good job men, be proud of yourselves.

You're an idiot.

Those are 3 very fair, experienced, and honorable men who officiated that game and every other properly.

Perhaps you should apply to TSSAA and try officiating. I bet you would change your viewpoint

The only thing that lost the game for Oakland was the fact that they didn't put Whitehaven away when they had the chance. The game was 9-0 and Whitehaven couldn't run a play on offense because they kept false starting every time Oakland moved their front defensively. Oakland was too conservative and played "not to lose" as opposed to playing "to win the game" (Herm Edwards).

The same thing happened in the 4A semifinals the previous week. Pearl Cohn was about to go up before halftime and stopped competing in the middle of the play. Memphis East made a play defensively and returned it for a TD. That ended up being the difference in the game and Memphis East went on to easily win the 4A title the following week.

Independence can also relate to the pain of Oakland and Pearl-Cohn except their downfall was the fact that they refused to run the football against a 4 man box the entire second half. Pass......INT, Pass.....INT, Pass.....INT, Pass......INT, Pass......INT = THEY BLEW IT!

Middle TN should have won 4A, 5A, and 6A this year but they went 0-for-3 because of their own demise in all 3 cases. It wasn't the officials. It was lack of execution at critical points of the biggest games of the entire postseason.

You're an idiot.

Those are 3 very fair, experienced, and honorable men who officiated that game and every other properly.

Perhaps you should apply to TSSAA and try officiating. I bet you would change your viewpoint

I would have to agree that Oakland went into a shell, when they should have pushed the envelope.  I would also agree that the game was the poorly officiated. Whether or not the calls that were not made would have made a difference, I am not sure. I do, however, believe these officials should be ashamed of themselves.  If this is the best we can get, perhaps we need to pack it in.

Edited by LawandOrder

I've been reading all of the posts about the 6A title game and nobody has mentioned the real MVP's for Whitehaven. The officiating crew out of Nashville. The folks around me at the game could not believe the no calls. There are some video clips on Twitter that shows just how bad it really was. I never agree with Maryville folks on anything but whoever said that if it weren't for the officials, Whitehaven would never have a state championship is a smart person.

Referee Rick Pearson had a view of all of the holding calls from about 7 yds away but never threw it. I was told by one of the coaches that apparently that was his last game as an official so I guess he just wanted the crap over with. He only called the obvious while letting the WH left tackle hold and cheap shot over and over again. Good riddance!!

Chris Humphreys was the worse. Look at Twitter. On 3 and 3 at the WH 22 yard line, Oakland shifted and WH jumped. Should have been 1 and 10 at the WH 17. Humphreys called illegal shift on Oakland..........told Creasy one of his guys had moved forward first..........Mr. Humphreys......YOU ARE A LIAR! Watch the film. It made it 3rd and 9 and Oakland threw a pick on the next play. the kids steps out 30 yards down the field from where Humphreys spotted it. Humphreys also allowed #1 from WH to taunt the Oakland coaches.

These three had an agenda and should never officiate again. I'm sure there all back at their full time jobs bragging about how they took care of that Oakland team....good job men, be proud of yourselves.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah(takes breath) hahahahahahahahahahahaha...