Tennessee Coach's Poll-12 December 2016

ArtusCimber

I'm gonna streamline this a little. Let the debate begin. Thanks for all the views.

RANK                         TEAM                          POWER RANKING                             LAST WEEK

1                                  CLEVELAND                          99                                                       3

2                                  BRADLEY CENTRAL            92                                                       1

3                                  FATHER RYAN                        72                                                       2

4                                  MCCALLIE                               65                                                       8

5                                  CHRISTIAN BROTHERS      64                                                       5

6                                  SODDY DAISY                        63                                                       6

7                                  BAYLOR                                   44                                                       4

8                                  BEECH                                     42                                                       7

9                                  WILSON CENTRAL               40                                                        9

10                                TENNESSEE HIGH                21                                                      10

11                                ARLINGTON                           17                                                        NR

12                                SCIENCE HILL                       15                                                       11

Others receiving votes:  BARTLETT, BLACKMAN, HALLS, MBA, MOUNT JULIET, SUMMIT

Edited by ArtusCimber

I'm just going to get to the point and call BS on the impartiality of your poll Mr. ArtusCumber. Your team takes three losses and remains in the poll. Laughable!! And one loss to an Arlington team that your same group failed to rank. Mt. Juliet, Halls, Blackman, MBA and others are well ahead of your Legacy ranked team.

Edited by ObserverW

I'm just going to get to the point and call BS on the impartiality of your poll Mr. ArtusCumber. Your team takes three losses and remains in the poll. Laughable!! And one loss to an Arlington team that your same group failed to rank. Mt. Juliet, Halls, Blackman, MBA and others are well ahead of your Legacy ranked team.

Oh my gosh, your team gets up there and you still complain about it. Just leave it alone. Let the wrestling talk. Its just a poll, its not going have any effect what so ever come February.

Ah I was waiting on this... I actually put together my own little mock vote last night because I don't like to sleep.  You hit on exactly the handful of teams I evaluated for the 12th spot in my not actual vote.  Let's take a look at each team:

Science Hill - Took three loses to the now #1 (48-12), #11 (36-33), and #6 (36-29) ranked teams.  The lose to #11 was extremely close (any one match reversal could swing it and there were several decisions for either team) so I think those two teams are obviously roughly equivalent.  The other two are understandable from a rankings perspective... they were "supposed" to lose and still hung within almost a one decision flop with Soddy and as mentioned before right there with Arlington.

Now let's look at the other teams you put out there.

Mt. Juliet - okay, they won the Slamfest... what else have they done that would make them relevant to the poll?  They certainly didn't see any relevant teams there.  I think they have an early season lose to Summit.

Halls - won the Eagle challege... same question as Halls... anything relevant to the polls?

Blackman - So the most notabe things I see are 1) a close lose to WIlson Central and 2) a win over MBA.  Let's talk about those two.  The lose to WIlson Central was a lose to the now #9 team who didn't appear to have their full line-up (not sure if either team did as not an expert on either)... not enough to get in in my thinking.  The win over MBA reverses the Black Horse result where they were behind them... but then again wouldn't you just consider MBA relevant because of their status as a "legacy team"?

MBA - win over Brentwood (perhaps another legacy team) and a bigger lose to Wilson Central.  In addition to the lose to Blackman they would seem to slot behind them for now.

All of that said, looks to me like Science Hill stays in.  I tend to lean towards close loses not getting you into the rankings.  A close lose may not drop you out but it likely won't get you in.  As I believe a coach was told many years ago... beat somebody.  Science Hill may have gotten in on legacy but current results are showing they belong in the mix... at least they were up there competing with the other top teams which I would tend to reward over beating the other teams.

Honestly, my thought was that if anyone should have some bulletin board material it is maybe Summit.  Aforementioned win over Mt. Juliet, undefeated in duals on the season (that I could see), and  just finished ahead of Beech at McGavock (again line-ups could come into play here as I don't think that was a full strength Beech squad).  If anything, I think I had Summit in ahead of Beech in my notes.

That group containing Arlington, Science Hill, Tennessee, Halls, Beech, Summit are all probably competing for a spot in the rankings in the last couple of slots in my head.  Beech may have the most upside from what they have shown so far.

Now that's what I call an analysis! Thanks Grouse, even though I don't completely agree with all you said I like that you're backing up your argument with some stats. As opposed to WrestlingJesus who just doesn't like me. Haha! I agree on Summit also, but Halls is a much tougher team than anyone knows yet.

Im just sick of the whining every time your team doesn't make the rankings. Im glad you agree that the we (Summit) should be in the rankings, Pete has done an outstanding job building this program, however you don't see anybody jumping on and complaining. Just let the wrestling speak for itself.

And for the record, its WrestlingGod, WrestlingJesus is my son.

Edited by WrestlingGod

Wrestling diety, you should pray for restraint and calmness. I can't believe you get so bent out of shape over a message board. Read your commandments, Discuss, don't hate.

As a side note, I'm not necessarily sold on Summit just yet, just saying they are in the conversation.

Lets go back and review who complains every single week about his team not being ranked, then tell me who's getting bent out of shape about irrelevant things.

As for your side note, we could care less if we are in anybody's conversation or not. We will just continue to wrestle.

The point is stop complaining about things that mean nothing and just go wrestle. That's it. Its not rocket science. Now I go back up to the skies.

WG out.

Edited by WrestlingGod

So who are you assuming is my team? I'm on the Cleveland Train!

In other words, if I'm talking about someone other than Summit it's complaining? Ok got it.

What about you ArtisSimba? Let's hear your take, sources tell me you are an omnipotent poll master.

Surely this is not a serious post and you're just trolling at this point...

Edited by WrestlingGod