knox west next head coach

Knoxtastic

I understand he's replacing Coach McDonald who was the defensive line coach. He is leaving to take a job in FL. Catholic is trying to figure out what he can be plugged into since he has no teaching certificate.

Yep coach Mac and I grow up together haha. A lot off ppl didn't believe me that Lane was gonna go there but he must knew it was a chance He wouldn't get the job so he was looking for a backup plan

Edited by fooseball95

Yep coach Mac and I grow up together haha. A lot off ppl didn't believe me that Lane was gonna go there but he must knew it was a chance He wouldn't get the job so he was looking for a backup plan

Sorry to see him go! Good coach, person and teacher. He had some innovative approaches when potential student athletes came to visit.

Why would student athletes be taking a "visit" to West High School?  Isn't that considered recruiting?

Huge differences in high schools in east Tn. If a parent is smart, they will visit several before deciding where their kid will go to HS. I'm not just talking about sports either. There are differences in academic culture, atmosphere, expectations, student /teacher ratios, community / parental support, etc.