knox west next head coach

Knoxtastic

All of you West experts, supporters, critics, and close friends of Lane just call him up and ask him. Are you certified to teach in Knox County, Tennessee.

He's currently not certified. I believe he's currently in school trying to get certified. I think workouts will start when the students return, I'm pretty sure they have an intern coach

Not really sure Knox Co Administrators are really concerned about high quality coaches in Knox Co. If I we're a West supporter I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Totally agree with you, from what I hear, it is between the OC at Farragut and the HC at MoWest. No knock on those two guys but are they really the answer at West HS? Some people will say, with enough support these guys can make it happen. I, on the other hand, say they have not experienced diversity like they would at West. This job gets more interesting by the day and I just want a coach named.

He's currently not certified. I believe he's currently in school trying to get certified. I think workouts will start when the students return, I'm pretty sure they have an intern coach

Who would that be??? I have heard that there would not be an interim coach because they expected this to move along much quicker than it has. It has been said that the AD is the "go to" guy until they name a coach! Hope he is ready for workouts tomorrow! Hope there is a plan in place!

Edited by WestObserver

HTV??? You seem to be in the know. What have you heard??

It's not my practice to "name names" because I don't want to get anybody in a bad way with their current boss if a particular job doesn't work out.  

But, as I understand it the "final 3" are a current Knox Co DC with no head coachng esperience, a current Knox Co OC with past head coaching experience, and a current head coach from a 5A school in East Tennessee with considerable head coaching experience.  

I also understand that the time frame still looks to be the end of January, and I don't know why it is going to take that much longer.   

It's not my practice to "name names" because I don't want to get anybody in a bad way with their current boss if a particular job doesn't work out.

But, as I understand it the "final 3" are a current Knox Co DC with no head coachng esperience, a current Knox Co OC with past head coaching experience, and a current head coach from a 5A school in East Tennessee with considerable head coaching experience.

I also understand that the time frame still looks to be the end of January, and I don't know why it is going to take that much longer.

I'll apologize for indirectly alluding to candidates but hopefully they are smart enough to tell their current employers that a school has reached out to them and they are going to take a listen.

I'll apologize for indirectly alluding to candidates but hopefully they are smart enough to tell their current employers that a school has reached out to them and they are going to take a listen.

Don't disagree, but I just don't want to put anything out there that might put somebody in a negative situation.  I know all three guys and respect them too much to do that.  

And on the search, I would have to believe that the guy with the considerable and successful head coaching exprience on his resume would probably be the "odds on favorite" at this point.  Can't say that for sure, but that makes the most sense to me.  

So from what I'm reading it's between Lane, Partin and Lamar Brown. All good coaches and candidates, but my question is why would Brown want to leave Mo West? Looks to me like they are much more stable than West is right now and they always have great teams. Could he be feeling some pressure up there to win big this year or else?

So from what I'm reading it's between Lane, Partin and Lamar Brown. All good coaches and candidates, but my question is why would Brown want to leave Mo West? Looks to me like they are much more stable than West is right now and they always have great teams. Could he be feeling some pressure up there to win big this year or else?

Back in the 90's I coached at Morristown East in basketball and I have to say that Hamblen County teaching and coaching did not pay well. Not sure what it pays now but I would think he would get a raise going to Knoxville West.

Like I said, I won't name names, but I do know that the coach you mentioned has been very interested in several jobs over the past few years, including a couple in Knox County.   He was also in play at a school in Murfreesboro who just named a coach last week.    

Don't know the reasons he's been looking.  I, too, believe that Morristown West is a very good job.  They pretty much have everything to be successful.  About the only thing they don't have is an on campus stadium, but the one they share with M'town East is certainly among the better facilities in East Tennessee.