OAK RIDGE 2017 FOOTBALL

WillieTheWildcat

Let me make this PERFECTLY clear so even the most educationally challenged of you can comprehend...I think it's poor scheduling to play such tough opponents EARLY in the season when you have such inexperience on both lines. It makes NO sense and it does NOT carry over and help us in the playoffs...that's months away! POOR SCHEDULING GADDIS...or whoever made the schedule. We are playing a team that just tied Fulton, DB, CC, Farragut, and West in the first five weeks of the season...RIDICULOUS!

29 minutes ago, atrisk said:

Has it occurred to you that not one person has agree with you on this issue? Have it your way chicken little.

I've never viewed this forum as a popularity contest and I'm not running for office, so I don't care who, if anyone, ever agrees with me on anything. But I'm telling you...I AM RIGHT!  Our schedule is STUPID!!!

2 minutes ago, catswild said:

I've never viewed this forum as a popularity contest and I'm not running for office, so I don't care who, if anyone, ever agrees with me on anything. But I'm telling you...I AM RIGHT!  Our schedule is STUPID!!!

We get it. You don't like the schedule. That horse has been beaten to a pulp. It's not going to change, so why keep harping on about it? Let's move on, please...

Coming from a Farragut fan, I know one thing for certain; you guys will have one of the fastest teams in the East Tennessee. Good fortune, for some strange reason, always seems to attach itself to speed.

It's easy to overlook the importance of special teams, but I thought you guys won last year's game against us because of special teams play. Of course, the fact that Cooper Hardin would not be moved to starting tailback until after the Bearden game and only had five touches in the Oak Ridge game certainly didn't help, but I thought the Oak Ridge kickoff team and the punter did a great job of controlling field position the entire night – and we had a pretty good punter and kicker ourselves.

I guess my point would be, if you guys have anywhere near the special teams you had last year, coupled with that speed, you will be tough to handle irrespective of who you are playing.

Edited by Former44