Roane County Football

Guest TheCofedaddy

Guest TheCofedaddy

Joe01, I just want to comment about fan turnout and I think that more fans should go to the games even if their teams are having a down season. I think that the boys play much better when their team has a good crowd because in highschool football it is not about money it is all about heart and winning. You have to have a love for the game to play well and when your fans back you through thick and thin then that makes you play even harder to win. There is nothing better than stepping onto the field and looking into the stands and seeing and hearing the crowd. The crowd intensifies the game so much and they too can create great moral amongst the players.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kingston fans aren't usually fair-weather, but they had lower attendance than usual this year. I guess expectations were low. When expectations have been high, and they have a bad, year, fan support has usually been there. I had to miss several games this year due to my own sickness and my kids' sickness, but not because I didn't want to go (with maybe the exception of Scott County). Anyway, one thing that killed attendance this year is that it rained nearly every week. And, a lot of adult fans won't brave the elements, and even more won't take their kids out in those elements.

As for OS, they brought less to RCHS than I thought they would, but it was still a good crowd. Maybe it just looked small because the visitor's bleachers are so long at Kingston. As for Midway, the reason that Kingston and Midway haven't played since 1988 is because Vic wouldn't go to Midway. MHS came to the north side of the river in 87 and 88, with some agreement on splitting the gate receipt. MHS doesn't have much of a visitor's side; or didn't the last I was there.

To compare O.S. - Midway to Ut -MTSU is ridiculous. Midway and Rockwood play in week one every year and the visitor stands at Rockwood are always filled. When Rockwood goes to Midway there is always room, and we bring alot of fans especially since it is the first game. I wouldn't count on it being that easy of a win because they give us a tough game every year.

The region weeks have changed next year. I know Wartburg plays Harriman in week 2, RW week 4, OS week 6 (After a bye week again), SW week 8 and Alcoa week 10. I know the play Sunbright in week 0, Coalfield week 1, Oakdale week 3, Catholic week 7 and I forget who is week 9. I'll try and round up the county schedules and put them in the paper in the next couple of weeks.

Guest TheCofedaddy

Swamp, I understand about the weather affecting fan base and it plays a major part and I do not blame parents not wanting to get their kids out in the weather. Hopefully 2003 will bring better weather creating a greater fan base. Lets just hope for a better fan turn out in 2003. I will post my predictions on how the teams will rank a little bit later I want to see the definate schedules.

I'm not going to get into a deep discussion on this right now because Sweetwater still has unfinished business, and everyone should be focused on the present! But Sweetwater will still have a good team next year, they will have several key starters, or players who see alot of playing time return, including a player that went out in middle of season with knee injury. They also have some good players that will step up! I already know what everyone is going to say,"that a 2a team can't lose that many players, and still be good". Sweetwater plays several juniors, and a few soph., and a few more will step up next year. They will be nowhere as deep as last year, but they have some good lineman, as well as skill people returning. As I said before not going to discuss this now, but will be happy to, in about 3 1/2 weeks :D . Every year is fun, in reg. 2, but I think next year, is going to be really close, I don't see any of the play-off seeds being decided until the last week of the regular season! Now what is important, Wildcats, keep taking them one at a time, and stay focused! Confidence, not cockiness. :D:D;);););););););););) --

I believe I stated that the comparison would be a little exaggerated but really when you think about it if you compare it all out it's actually closer then you think. OS brings a whole lot more fans then Rockwood usually does anyways and you said you all feeled the bleachers up. I just think it would be crazy for OS to travel there. I didn't say anything about Midway being bad either I think they could put up a fairly decent fight against the Bobcats but at any time when an opposing team brings more fans to an away game then the home team that's usually a sign that the game should always be played at the place of the more fans. That's my opinion. I think that if another school is going to make more money off an opposing teams fans then their own then something ought to be changed. and the only way to do it would be to play at that place everytime

boys, don't give up on kingston football yet. they have one heck of a freshman group! if they can keep them together for the next 3 years, look out!! i am in agreement with the " politic game" statement. i have watched over the years to only see very good talent sit on the bench and then leave the program. vic has a major problem playing most young players, such as freshman or soph.. i understand the level of play, strength, quickness of the game, all those terms that are used to give the excuse for not putting the best on the field regardless of age/grade. that's vic! granted, he did play 2 freshman this year, some, in the playoff game. one of them started at def. end that game. i know of a few more that could have helped them throughout the year, but only saw action in jv and freshman games. vic is one of those guys that is hard to figure and is going to do it his way, no matter what ANYONE thinks. they do have speed, but it was standing on the sidelines. one of the fastest kids on the team is the rodgers kid and i don't believe he had more than 2 passes thrown to him for the year!! i believe that wade will go to tailback and gurney will go to qb. if vic does this, you may see a new look from kingston. the gurney kid can throw the football as well as any h.s. kid i have seen in a long time. just depends on which direction vic wants to go, and we all know that is virtually impossible to predict!!!

Guest TheCofedaddy

RCPatriot, I never give up on Kingston and they are my team even if I disagree with the Vic at times. I played for Kingston and started for Kingston and I will always have faith in Kingston football. I hope that Vic will be able to get more players next year. As for QB based on years past once you get QB it normally does not change although I think you had a great idea. I remember when Bryan Crouse dropped to the back postion and Dyllian Plemons played QB that made a great change for us. As swamp stated in his annodote forum Kingston will have to hit the weights hard. We need to get more players in the game next year to give that feel for Varsity football so they will know how much they have to step it up.

Man i can't wait till friday night i feel really ggod about Oliver Springs chances of beating Sweetwater, they have the defense to do it but i just hope there offense shows up. I thinks its going to be a low scoring game i say it will be

Oliver Springs 13 Sweetwater 7

Has anyone know if Coach Bailey coming back next year? If he does he has to give up his Vice Principals job its a county rule you can't coach and be principal someone knows let us know