Who is the favorite in 12A ??

Alumni

Who is the favorite in 12A and who will be looking to get to the top. How do you think they will finish up? Here is opinion.

1) Summertown - Trotter has them ready to play

2) Perry Co.- Always good plus returning just about everyone

3) Santa Fe- only lost 2 guard after strong finsh last year

4) Clifton- Lots of potential

5) Mt. Pleasant- Lots of young talent

6) Collinwood- Always plays tough

7) Wayne Co- Good guards

8) Columbia Academy- Rebuilding year

9) Hampshire- Not that good

[Edited by Alumni on 11-19-02 10:00A]

[Edited by Alumni on 11-19-02 10:04A]

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just got off the phone with one of the players from collinwood a new guy just moved in today lives with a foster parent in Lutts he's 6'9 and he said that he was good too. Uria is his name he's from texas. he should be elgible this year since foster care. so my pick has to be collinwood with Bryant 6'6, Calton 6'5, West 6'4, Green 6'3, and Uria 6'9 they will be tough to handle.

I cant believe that about Collinwood. If the 6'9" guy is eligible to play he should dominate all teams in the post. No teams as far as I know have anyone even close to that tall. I think the teams will go like this. 1. Perry Co. 2. Santa Fe. 3. Collinwood. 4. Mt. Pleasant 5. Summertown 6. Clifton 7. Wayne Co 8. CA 9. Hampshire.

I believe all teams will have a chance to win every night except Hampshire. Watchout if you think you will blow out CA. They have good shooters, if they get hott, watch out. I hate CA, i am just telling that.

i think that everyone is starting cwood out overrated. ya they got some new players but has anyone watched them play this year, can green and victory step up play without playing in three years? who is going to fill nick rutherford's shoes? he had 33 against wayne co last year and they still won.

[Edited by whosyadaddy on 11-20-02 7:44P]

Im back. I always have to state my opinion. Although yall might not agree, but hey its my opinion. I think the district is not that tough this year. You will have the main ones but I think after the top 5, I dont think it will be much competition. Mt. Pleasant, even though we stunk last year, will have a good team. They are young but will be able to compete. Jemarcus Webster has the ability to be one of the best centers in the district. He has a pretty good supporting cast. Neylan Roberts is back this year and I believe he will have a good comeback season after not playing for 2 years. Oh have yall heard bout the alley oop from Roberts to Jemarcus from half court. Summertown will be a very good team. They were good last year and they are returning most of the team. Perry County lost Warren but still has Richardson and everybody else. They will need someone to step to hit the three. Santa Fe will also be pretty good. They should tear up the post game with Boo and Carter, but the only thing I see with them that might be a problem is guard play. Collinwood will be good. They were young last year and now they will have to have kids step up! But the order goes like this:

1.Summertown

2.Perry County

3.Santa Fe

4.Mt.Pleasant

5.Collinwood

6.Wayne County

7.Clifton

8.C.A.

9.Hampshire

Now that is just my opinion. Tell me what yall think.

Guest BBallPrince

1. Perry County

2. Santa Fe

3. Summertown

4. Waynesboro

5. Mt. Pleasant

6. Collinwood

7. Clifton

8. C.A.

9. Zion

10. Hampshire

I dunno, i believe top 3 will be interesting. Then then next 4 will be okay.

There will definately be no pushovers in 12A. Any team has the potential to win on any given night. All games should be interesting. I dont expect too many blow outs. The top 3 or 4 could go in any order, the middle teams 5-8 can hang with the top team and possibly upset them. The bottom 2 teams might not contend much, but who knows. Is Zion in 12A this year or does that start next year.

[Edited by Alumni on 11-21-02 9:53A]