DII rankings

TNwrestling17

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really,

Kinda of boring.  D2 would have three champs if it was still one tournament:  Elkin @120, King @ 152 and Wimper....that's it.

Whitworth over any 106 D1 has,

Eason over any 126,

King and Dendy would be the finals match at 152,

Then you seem to neglect Reiniche, Nicholson, Duhm, Brackett (a Greco Fargo Champ)

Along with many other talented individuals.

I understand that we all neglect D2 here... but that doesn't make them boring.

Eason over any 126,

Then you seem to neglect Reiniche, Nicholson, Duhm, Brackett (a Greco Fargo Champ)

eason over any 126? Theres a kid in franklin that begs to differ

Eason over any 126,

If you check closely you will find that Eli King has certified at 145

What about George Hooker at 220?  Did he not beat the top ranked kid in D1?

Edited by cbg

Eason over any 126,

I agree D2 has many studs. The problem is the TSSAA and their stupidity. They wrestle each other like 26 times within 2 months. By the time the state tournament comes every match is like 3-2. Even if one kid is far above another talent wise, if you wrestle each other enough it's going to wind up 3-1 or 5-2. It's like wrestling your workout partner. For the fans, it's like watching paint dry.

D2 has some real studs this year.

106- Alex Whitworth dominates anyone from AAA you put on the mat. State champ hands down if it's one division.

126- Ray Ray is a stud and I don't see him losing at the state tournament. He tends to turn it on in February.

132- Brock Herring is going to be dominant in D2 this year and would be a handful for Mcelhaney and Landers.

138- Trevor Brown is a freak athlete and has incredible strength and pace. Extremely fun to watch.

145- Eli King is just Eli King. Nobody touches him.

152- Dendy dominates through the bracket. He has turned it on this year.

160- Nicholson and Reiniche give Matt Sells all he wants. Nicholson wins here in my opinion.

170- Judah Duhm. Nobody touches him in AAA.

182- Khamari Whimper Tommy Bracket is your finals match.

195- AAA stud Johnson takes this one hands down.

220- Toliver, Walthall, Hooker? Definitely got a finalist in that group maybe a champ.

HW- Boykin is your champ here.

Don't disrespect my boys in D2. There are some real studs. They win at least half the weight classes.

106- Alex Whitworth dominates anyone from AAA you put on the mat. State champ hands down if it's one division.

126- Ray Ray is a stud and I don't see him losing at the state tournament. He tends to turn it on in February.

132- Brock Herring is going to be dominant in D2 this year and would be a handful for Mcelhaney and Landers.

138- Trevor Brown is a freak athlete and has incredible strength and pace. Extremely fun to watch.

160- Nicholson and Reiniche give Matt Sells all he wants. Nicholson wins here in my opinion.

220- Toliver, Walthall, Hooker? Definitely got a finalist in that group maybe a champ.

Don't disrespect my boys in D2. There are some real studs. They win at least half the weight classes.

What you would find if everyone were together is that while D2 may be low on quantity, in most years they are high in quality.  A prime example is just look at where kids are going to wrestle in college and what academic institutions they are selecting to attend.  From the very begging I stated that Tennessee is not large enough to have multiple divisions for the traditional state tournament.  You would find that there are kids from all divisions that are placing that would not even qualify for the state tournament. 

Edited by cbg

What you would find if everyone were together is that while D2 may be low on quantity, in most years they are high in quality.  A prime example is just look at where kids are going to wrestle in college and what academic institutions they are selecting to attend.  From the very begging I stated that Tennessee is not large enough to have multiple divisions for the traditional state tournament.  You would find that there are kids from all divisions that are placing that would not even qualify for the state tournament. 

Is it already time for the annual, "what if there were no divisions" talk? Or the d1 vs d2 conversation?

For the record, I'm all for one state tourney. Split the duals but have one traditional state tournament. Watering down the competition vs promoting the sport is a tough conversation to have. Nobody will ever agree.