TN Coach's Poll 6 February 2017

ArtusCimber

I will take that ranking humbled.Thanks for the respect given to SD DaChampsAgain and props to BC. I also believe we will see an even stronger SD next yr. Then maybe there will be some crow to serve for dinner for the haters.

I don't think anyone will hate if you earn your ranking. And my comments are not toward Soddy or their wrestlers. They do not make the rankings. My comments are directed at the pollsters, as I've said from the beginning, there is a certain bias that clouds the validity. I hope Soddy does well next week and proves they are one of the best teams in the state.

Really wished OW knew something about wrestling, sadly he looks a fool as usual! Anytime you are ready OW come on over to the region 4 side of the state and wrestle, we would love the competition for a good duals tourney with Arlington, oh wait we did that already and beat them, we didn't make it to state because as usual region 4 finished 1st and second in state, there is no bias there having Soddy ranked where they are, they beat WC, Arlington and a few other ranked teams head to head, that counts when there is nothing else to dispute the fact. even if Soddy was still finish higher than Arlington next weekend it makes no difference as it's a individual tourney, having so many tough teams in a region can sometimes limit how many wrestlers teams can take. Region 4 has some really good wrestlers at BC, Cleveland, Soddy, WV, Ooltewah. So again good luck to the entire state of TN, but OW your dumbassery just makes me want to root against your west side boys and that does no one any good!

Don't root against those west enders. They're great kids. We saw them four times this year, and they have three (Cannon, Phillips, Moore) who are as good as they come.

The Tigers play the game the right way.

I don't care whether the Trojans were there or not. They proved on the mat that they are arguably the third best dual team in the state. They beat us, Arlington, and Wilson Central. 

Edited by ArtusCimber

I like the west Enders, heck my mom's from there and they had some good teams back in the day with Houston and Germantown. I don't know if OW is an act or not, prob so but this past weekend I watched extra close to those matches with Arlington in them. Wish every team luck the next two weeks especially against injury and sickness as sickness seems to be really bad this past few weeks.

Really wished OW knew something about wrestling, sadly he looks a fool as usual! Anytime you are ready OW come on over to the region 4 side of the state and wrestle, we would love the competition for a good duals tourney with Arlington, oh wait we did that already and beat them, we didn't make it to state because as usual region 4 finished 1st and second in state, there is no bias there having Soddy ranked where they are, they beat WC, Arlington and a few other ranked teams head to head, that counts when there is nothing else to dispute the fact. even if Soddy was still finish higher than Arlington next weekend it makes no difference as it's a individual tourney, having so many tough teams in a region can sometimes limit how many wrestlers teams can take. Region 4 has some really good wrestlers at BC, Cleveland, Soddy, WV, Ooltewah. So again good luck to the entire state of TN, but OW your dumbassery just makes me want to root against your west side boys and that does no one any good!

I have never once came on and said Region 4 wasn't the toughest region in the state.  Theres no debate regarding this.  I never claimed Soddy wasn't a good team and I never said that Arlington, or anyone else for that matter, could move to Region 4, as you suggest and place top 2 this season.  I'm not trying to get in a pi$$ing contest with you because it would just make you look foolish because its obvious that my knowledge of wrestling in Tennessee is well superior to your biased opinions (haha--this is sarcasm--everyone is entitled to their opinion and I won't call you a dumba$$ as you did me, simply because your opinion is wrong).

Having beat anyone in regular season is irrelevant to your State Duals place, ask all four of the teams that placed as well as my own Arlington as we beat Science Hill earlier in the season but couldn't replicate the feat.  So you can claim that your team is better than mine, but we have results at the State Duals Tournament to prove otherwise.  Do all your extrapolations and comparisons you like but the fact of the matter is SD did NOT participate in State Duals and didn't finish ahead of us or any of the other 16 teams there. 

HAHA your argument on individuals is also weak, very weak Cobra.  So you're hedging your bets once again because you're in a "tough region."  I can guarantee you, if your kids are good enough to place at Individual State they WILL come out of your Region.  Region 4 is tough but there are only 8 teams and Rhea, McMinn, Ooltewah, Hamilton have not been traditional powerhouses.  I doubt very seriously that there is a potential wrestler in Region 4, even as tough as it is, that will miss out on State because there were 4 hammers ahead of him.  Now could some of your 5th place guys possibly beat someone from another Region that did qualify?  Of course and this could be said for any region in the state.  There are exceptions to every rule but don't act like the 8 schools in Region 4 are going to place top 10. 

We get it, there is a possibility that one good team will stay home each year from Region 4.  This is the same for other Regions as well, look at 7.  Beech, a season long contender didn't qualify.  What I admire about Beech is none of their fans are on here claiming that they drew the short stick and should be been allowed in and are really a top 5 dual team.  Its just sour grapes Cobra.  Dry it up.

Edited by ObserverW

MBA beat Arlington without 4 starters and wrestled all the DII studs closely

Its hard to compare AAA and D2 in the same poll, just not sure MBA deserves a top 12 in the poll.  MBA also lost to Blackman and Wilson who didn't place. 

A 40-21 loss to The Bros and 39-33 loss to FR after FR forfeits out 2 weights is hardly "wrestling the D2 studs closely".

Edited by ObserverW

I have never once came on and said Region 4 wasn't the toughest region in the state. Theres no debate regarding this. I never claimed Soddy wasn't a good team and I never said that Arlington, or anyone else for that matter, could move to Region 4, as you suggest and place top 2 this season. I'm not trying to get in a pi$$ing contest with you because it would just make you look foolish because its obvious that my knowledge of wrestling in Tennessee is well superior to your biased opinions (haha--this is sarcasm--everyone is entitled to their opinion and I won't call you a dumba$$ as you did me, simply because your opinion is wrong).

Having beat anyone in regular season is irrelevant to your State Duals place, ask all four of the teams that placed as well as my own Arlington as we beat Science Hill earlier in the season but couldn't replicate the feat. So you can claim that your team is better than mine, but we have results at the State Duals Tournament to prove otherwise. Do all your extrapolations and comparisons you like but the fact of the matter is SD did NOT participate in State Duals and didn't finish ahead of us or any of the other 16 teams there.

HAHA your argument on individuals is also weak, very weak Cobra. So you're hedging your bets once again because you're in a "tough region." I can guarantee you, if your kids are good enough to place at Individual State they WILL come out of your Region. Region 4 is tough but there are only 8 teams and Rhea, McMinn, Ooltewah, Hamilton have not been traditional powerhouses. I doubt very seriously that there is a potential wrestler in Region 4, even as tough as it is, that will miss out on State because there were 4 hammers ahead of him. Now could some of your 5th place guys possibly beat someone from another Region that did qualify? Of course and this could be said for any region in the state. There are exceptions to every rule but don't act like the 8 schools in Region 4 are going to place top 10.

We get it, there is a possibility that one good team will stay home each year from Region 4. This is the same for other Regions as well, look at 7. Beech, a season long contender didn't qualify. What I admire about Beech is none of their fans are on here claiming that they drew the short stick and should be been allowed in and are really a top 5 dual team. Its just sour grapes Cobra. Dry it up.

Good luck to beech, Arlington, WC and all other westerners that qualifies for individual. Outside of Bradley, Soddy and Cleveland, like it or not, we have other wrestlers from WV, Owt, Rhea and East Hamilton that could very well medal out. Even could win or take runner up.

If you're not too familiar outside of the 3 power houses, just go to PinTn and check out the rankings. We have other wrestlers from different schools that could shake up and do some major upsetting. Against Bradley and whoever. Again, good luck OW with your wrestlers, team and everyone else you will be supporting.

Good luck to beech, Arlington, WC and all other westerners that qualifies for individual. Outside of Bradley, Soddy and Cleveland, like it or not, we have other wrestlers from WV, Owt, Rhea and East Hamilton that could very well medal out. Even could win or take runner up.

If you're not too familiar outside of the 3 power houses, just go to PinTn and check out the rankings. We have other wrestlers from different schools that could shake up and do some major upsetting. Against Bradley and whoever. Again, good luck OW with your wrestlers, team and everyone else you will be supporting.

I'm acknowledging that there are great wrestlers at more than the top three schools in Region 4 my point is and you can verify this using the same pin TN rankings that you referenced, there's not one weight class listed that has more than 3 ranked wrestlers from Region 4 so my point stands there's not going to be a Medalist from Region 4 that is left home because of a overall stacked crazy tough region 4 like cobra kid would have you believe.

Its hard to compare AAA and D2 in the same poll, just not sure MBA deserves a top 12 in the poll. MBA also lost to Blackman and Wilson who didn't place.

A 40-21 loss to The Bros and 39-33 loss to FR after FR forfeits out 2 weights is hardly "wrestling the D2 studs closely".

They lost to Wilson central and Blackman without those starters who came from football. Their football season went long because they were in the finals