7          BAYLOR                     46              4

8          TENNESSEE HIGH             40              8

9          SODDY DAISY                30              7

10 (TIE)   ARLINGTON                  21              11

11         HALLS                      21              NR

12         MBA                        19              12

ALSO RECEIVING VOTES: BLACKMAN, SUMMIT, WILSON CENTRAL

Edited by ArtusCimber

Smh. Pigeon Forge wins a state title and looks amazing while doing it an they get no votes. Also if Summit and Blackman get votes i think independence should as well. Indy looked better than both including whooping blackman in the 1st rd

I agree PF looked extremely tough.

While I agree with you're saying in Indy beating Blackman should've gotten them more recognition im gonna go the other way on them "looking better" than Summit since Summit has two wins against them. But in the end just "others receiving votes" doesn't really matter and us, nor indy or blackman ended up with medals at the end of the day.

I'm glad someone other than me now sees the lack of validity in this poll sometimes. MBA has no business on the poll. I won't even bring up the Soddy ranking. Smh indeed.

Even tho this isn't a team dual coming up, hopefully Soddy will have as many wrestlers as WC, Arlington and all those other's over there. That way y'all westerners can once and for all prove these coaches polls are no good and the winning will stop. Good luck coming up!

Pigeon Forge lost to both Arlington and Blackman just a couple weeks ago in Memphis. There are years that they are tough enough to be on this list with the big schools despite their numbers, but not this season. It was impressive that they were able to still get that state championship in one of their "down years".

I agree that Independence should get a vote over Blackman. They had a great tournament and also beat us this season. But either way, neither make the top 12 so that was probably just one person who put them in there and so they were listed under "others receiving votes".

MBA wrestled those top DII teams close this season so I think it makes sense why they could be in the bottom of that 12.

Pigeon Forge lost to both Arlington and Blackman just a couple weeks ago in Memphis. There are years that they are tough enough to be on this list with the big schools despite their numbers, but not this season. It was impressive that they were able to still get that state championship in one of their "down years".

I agree that Independence should get a vote over Blackman. They had a great tournament and also beat us this season. But either way, neither make the top 12 so that was probably just one person who put them in there and so they were listed under "others receiving votes".

MBA wrestled those top DII teams close this season so I think it makes sense why they could be in the bottom of that 12.

I don't think regular season or prior matches are really relevant in determining this poll. Especially realizing the fact that Bradley/Cleveland and Science Hill/Tennessee matches were differnt than their earlier matches. Pigeon Forge should be top 12, Soddy out. Not sold on MBA either, just because you wrestled tough competition doesn't make you deserving of a complementary ranking based on how those teams finished.

Even tho this isn't a team dual coming up, hopefully Soddy will have as many wrestlers as WC, Arlington and all those other's over there. That way y'all westerners can once and for all prove these coaches polls are no good and the winning will stop. Good luck coming up!

Hold on a minute here Bearguy. All season long when I point out a strong or bad team finish in an individual tournament, you all have been VERY quick to point out that those don't equate to dual strength. So you cant have it both ways.

Hold on a minute here Bearguy. All season long when I point out a strong or bad team finish in an individual tournament, you all have been VERY quick to point out that those don't equate to dual strength. So you cant have it both ways.

Not having it any way. All I'm saying is I hope you all and Soddy has the same amount of guys in the individual. Won't be fair if Soddy had more. They'll most likely pull away from you all. Kinda getting old seeing "Soddy doesn't belong in this poll" "They didn't make it to state" "why should they be in it?" Even tho they beat everyone on the West side, minus FR if you want to call them that. Saying Soddy doesn't belong there cause they didn't make state is plain dumb. Like it or not, they are one of the best teams in tennessee. 3rd or 4th to be exact. Div1 that is.

Really wish Arlington, WC or whoever is over there would be in this region just for 3 years. I guess they'd should still be considered in the top 10 even tho they'd be sitting home during state uh? Coaches poll like any other poll is not used for "whoever makes it to state should be ranked" it's for the top teams in the state. Period.

Edited by DaChampsAgain

Not having it any way. All I'm saying is I hope you all and Soddy has the same amount of guys in the individual. Won't be fair if Soddy had more. They'll most likely pull away from you all. Kinda getting old seeing "Soddy doesn't belong in this poll" "They didn't make it to state" "why should they be in it?" Even tho they beat everyone on the West side, minus FR if you want to call them that. Saying Soddy doesn't belong there cause they didn't make state is plain dumb. Like it or not, they are one of the best teams in tennessee. 3rd or 4th to be exact. Div1 that is.

Really wish Arlington, WC or whoever is over there would be in this region just for 3 years. I guess they'd should still be considered in the top 10 even tho they'd be sitting home during state uh? Coaches poll like any other poll is not used for "whoever makes it to state should be ranked" it's for the top teams in the state. Period.

So if it's not necessarily about what happens at State then you'd be ok if Cleveland is ranked ahead of your bears given that they beat them twice this year?

So if it's not necessarily about what happens at State then you'd be ok if Cleveland is ranked ahead of your bears given that they beat them twice this year?

I have no problem with that at all. They're up 2-1 even tho we brought the state home. Many will and could argue wether it should be Cleveland or Bradley, but one thing for sure, it is one off those 2 teams!