2017 Class AAA West Regional Boys' BB Tourney Breakdown (Regions 7 & 8)

kwc

I think Henning kind of over coach the Second half he tried to slow the game down which is not a bad plan against East but it came back and bit them in the butt

Exactly. Crutcher had 16 at half and finished with 21. 0 points in the third but he only shot once in the third. I dont exactly think East slowed him down. Also much of their success was coming from their sophomore Antonio Thomas running the primary handler with Beans being the #2 and Jalen at 3. Alot of ball movement was going on in the first 16 minutes of play for them, but the third wasn't the same. But like warmachine said earlier, kinda hard to play with that team for 32 minutes. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's a bad idea to slow it down then is it a good idea to get out and run with them?

i edited i meant to say it was not a bad idea but when you have Three guards like Crutcher Beans and the other kid #1 I can't think of his name who was giving East fits like Tony said i would went down shooting

Exactly. Crutcher had 16 at half and finished with 21. 0 points in the third but he only shot once in the third. I dont exactly think East slowed him down. Also much of their success was coming from their sophomore Antonio Thomas running the primary handler with Beans being the #2 and Jalen at 3. Alot of ball movement was going on in the first 16 minutes of play for them, but the third wasn't the same. But like warmachine said earlier, kinda hard to play with that team for 32 minutes.

And it is but Ridgeway had them om the ropes and for whatever reason could not land the knockout blow im just saying if i was coaching i would keep putting the pressure on them by slowing the game down you took away your biggest advantage and that was your speed

I won't say that you don't have a chance ... but I don't have Collierville beating Whitehaven in my bracketology selections.

In the Region 8 brackets I have Southwind, Whitehaven, East, and Ridgeway all winning their games on Saturday, Feb. 25. Then I have Southwind beating Whitehaven and East beating Ridgeway on the following Tuesday, Feb. 28. I have East beating Southwind on the following Thursday, Mar. 7.

In the Region 7 brackets I have Brighton, Bolton, Cordova, and Arlington all winning their games on Saturday, Feb. 25. Then I have Brighton beating Botlon and Cordova beating Arlington on the following Tuesday, Fe. 28. I have Cordova beating Brighton on the following Thursday, Mar. 7.

So, according to my braketology for Regions 7 and 8, I've selected East to host and beat Brighton on Mon., Mar. 6, to get a spot in the state tournament, coming out of the Region 8 bracket. Conversely, I have  Southwind traveling to Cordova to see who gets the other spot in the state tournament out of the Region 7 bracket. I selected Southwind to win that game.

So I have East and Southwind as the two team from the Memphis area that make it into the state playoffs. 

Well, my picks are still in tact. The thursday games were entertaining. My Region 7 bracket selections and my Region 8 bracket selections both look like the current 2017 TSSAA AAA West Boys Bracket at this point. That Cordova win didn't come easy ... Bolton made them earn that one! As you can read above, I have East beating Brighton and Southwind going into Cordova to beat them and earn a spot in the state tournament. We will see this up and coming Monday! 

I love this time of year!

Edited by kwc

Well, my picks are still in tact. The thursday games were entertaining. My Region 7 bracket selections and my Region 8 bracket selections both look like the current 2017 TSSAA AAA West Boys Bracket at this point. That Cordova win didn't come easy ... Bolton made them earn that one! As you can read above, I have East beating Brighton and Southwind going into Cordova to beat them and earn a spot in the state tournament. We will see this up and coming Monday!

I love this time of year!

i agree with you I think both East and Southwind advance but i wouldn't write off Cordova they have been playing a little better and if Harris gets hot who knows

i agree with you I think both East and Southwind advance but i wouldn't write off Cordova they have been playing a little better and if Harris gets hot who knows

East and Southwind have advanced. Since both teams are from Region 8, they are going to be placed on opposite sides of the bracket. The rest we will just have to wait and see.

It just depends on who gets the Oak Ridge side. If East is on their side, I'm banking on a all memphis final. Oak Ridge Southwind could be a toss up. 

I just think Southwind is better than everyone but East.

If last night was the ignition of Carlos, he scored 37, playing well for a few games then Southwind will be tough to beat.

I just think Southwind is better than everyone but East.

If last night was the ignition of Carlos, he scored 37, playing well for a few games then Southwind will be tough to beat.

Thats the only thing about Carlos. You never know which one is going to show up. He's good for 15+ nightly at his worst but at his best he can be scary. I remember seeing him go like 8/8 or 10/10 in a game last summer and it was amazing. UT Martin is getting a true steal, I think the only thing that has landed him there versus a bigger program is him having hothead issues in the past. If you mention the top seniors in the state he's up there in the top tier but everyone might not agree bc you never know which CJ will show up. When the energy is consistently there for him he can be scary.

Edited by TonyG