2017 Class AAA West Regional Boys' BB Tourney Breakdown (Regions 7 & 8)

kwc

I think Rod is Cordova best player Tyler is probably the best shooter in the city but he doesn't do much else to me. And i was speaking as in terms of this season I think Southwind is vey dangerous this season and you are right they do have more than one player who can get a bucket.

Rod is phenomenal and underrated if you ask me, he kinda reminds me of Adonis Thomas minus the hype. He will have to expand his game more at the next level to be a wing guy tho. You are spot on about Tyler also, he doesn't do much but wow the crowd on offense. I wonder is it true that Rod wont play next year due to age restriction, i've heard it a few times but I don't believe stuff until it happens. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rod is phenomenal and underrated if you ask me, he kinda reminds me of Adonis Thomas minus the hype. He will have to expand his game more at the next level to be a wing guy tho. You are spot on about Tyler also, he doesn't do much but wow the crowd on offense. I wonder is it true that Rod wont play next year due to age restriction, i've heard it a few times but I don't believe stuff until it happens.

I don't really know about his age I know the rule is that if you turn 19 before i think October then you can't play it was the reason Chris Jones couldn't play his senior year at Melrose when i saw him as Freshman i thought because of his body he wasn't a Freshman that's why Adonis is a good comparison for him somebody looked like grown men when they were young and both freak athletes

I don't really know about his age I know the rule is that if you turn 19 before i think October then you can't play it was the reason Chris Jones couldn't play his senior year at Melrose when i saw him as Freshman i thought because of his body he wasn't a Freshman that's why Adonis is a good comparison for him somebody looked like grown men when they were young and both freak athletes

I was told he turns 19 but the source was a guy on penny's payroll so its always possible it was hate lol. Its shocking to me how the division among the city is due to the AAU programs, and the grownups do it more than the kids who just wanna play ball and compete. 

I was told he turns 19 but the source was a guy on penny's payroll so its always possible it was hate lol. Its shocking to me how the division among the city is due to the AAU programs, and the grownups do it more than the kids who just wanna play ball and compete.

You are so right and you know what if is not able to play at Cordova next season that might be a blessing for him cause that means he would go to prep school were he does not have to play post abd can play on the wing which i think he has the tools to do he just needs to play the position also as far as the other thing their is a lot wrong with Memphis highschool hoops that i wont get into im just a fan who want to see all kids do well no matter what

You are so right and you know what if is not able to play at Cordova next season that might be a blessing for him cause that means he would go to prep school were he does not have to play post abd can play on the wing which i think he has the tools to do he just needs to play the position also as far as the other thing their is a lot wrong with Memphis highschool hoops that i wont get into im just a fan who want to see all kids do well no matter what

After East manhandled Alo fans and parents were going back and forth on FB and a day or two later was Alo's birthday and Tyler posted a picture of the both of them wishing him a happy birthday. Good to see some of the kids not getting into the crap. 

I'm not saying their not I know East is a beast and i know there are better than everyone I mean i think the closest game they have played against another city team was like 20 points but for the sake of conversation Southwind has guards and to compete with them not beat but not get blown out

Southwind has one guard in Mark Freeman.

Mark runs the show. It's not like at Ridgeway where Crutched is the main event but Beans is pretty good. Southwind doesn't have another guard of significance.

After East manhandled Alo fans and parents were going back and forth on FB and a day or two later was Alo's birthday and Tyler posted a picture of the both of them wishing him a happy birthday. Good to see some of the kids not getting into the crap.

That's what I'm saying its adults and Parents that is messing things up for the kids i see more disagreements in the stands then on the floor back when i played it was you went out competed played hard and at the end of the game you dapped it up and that was it.now were in the social media stage and i see parents going back and forth on Facebook and Twitter and it makes me sick.

Mark runs the show. It's not like at Ridgeway where Crutched is the main event but Beans is pretty good. Southwind doesn't have another guard of significance.

idk man, they may not played well against you all but the Williams boys help Southwind out. Quienton more than the other. Both are quality help guards, definitely not D1 like freeman but they help out. 

you don't think Quentin Williams or Christian Jones are of significance both have had big games this season

idk man, they may not played well against you all but the Williams boys help Southwind out. Quienton more than the other. Both are quality help guards, definitely not D1 like freeman but they help out.

i think you are thinking about Christian Jones he is the other guard Christian Williams is the chubby kid but he has also played well this season but Jones was the kid who stepped up when C.J was injured