Lincoln County Border Battle

Guru

We have 23 teams to sign up for the April 18th and 19th. We can still have 5 more teams in the tournament.

Wilson Central, Franklin County, Columbia, Columbia Academy, LaVergne, Dickson County, Huntland, Coffee County, Tullahoma, Summertown, Shelbyville, Forrest, Smith County, Madison Academy, Bob Jones, Marshall County, Richland, Hazel Green, Riverdale, Giles County, Station Camp, Grissom, and Lincoln County.

If I have left your team out or you want to enter the tournament please email me at tjsmith5@hotmail.com

We have two great sponsors for this years tournament. WORTH and ELK VALLEY FORD

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

f9d...thanks for making me smile, Guru...

When I was a kid...my Mother and aunts always went to the beauty shop to get their hair "done"...well...it was the age of beehives...and my Daddy always called them the Pappas Hives...hadn't thought about that in years...

I'll take that beehive...but...I'd rather carry it home...and not have to wear it, thank you very much!

Twan...you too can have a beehive...we'll just get some extra hair from fanMOUTH!!! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone talked with the city park people about doing a better job of fixing the batters boxes. Last year every box had sand 6 inchs deep and the ruts were terrible. I was watching the game where the player from Lincoln County Hurt her leg during a swing in one of those craters. It is a great tour. but there were a lot of complaints about the field conditions at the city park. Just a thought, I wouldn't miss that tour. for anything.

if it doesnt flood again right before tournament fields will be just find. if does flood we will throw the sand again. sorry for your inconvience. oh yes i am over fields and have daughters playing for lady falcons so i assure yu we worked our butts off just getting complex playable with very little time to do so,but we cant control mother nature.but thank yu anyway for your positive remarks that yu did have to say. again weather permitting we will have fields ready to go.

• 3 weeks later...

The tournament will be played at three different locations if we get 28 teams, if not we will play them at two locations. The high school field which is real nice and the city park. Most of the time the city park is in good shape for the tournament as long as the river does not flood and the mens slow pitch teams stay away. The high school is also building a practice field beside the high school field. If it gets done in time some games could be played there.

Sportaholic, city fields are the worst to deal with especially in the early part of the year when it rains. You guys put on a great tournament and that's why Coffee continues to come. The fields were rough last year but I do understand how tough it is to keep them straight. Does the city offer any help on the fields? Even though your games are very early in the year, kids may be playing on them prior to your clean up efforts. As you know, whenever batters boxes have been dug out, if you try filling them in one or two days before, they are still loose by game day all the way down to the original hard pan. You might try to get the city to ban field usage for the week prior so you can go in at least a week early and set the clay / sand mix in the holes then wet them and tamp so they have time to harden and get back to their original height. It's just a suggestion, I know you guys work yourselves hard getting ready.

Good luck, by the way, this could be Coffee's last appearance at Lincoln Co. Border Battle. With the possible departure of Coach Breeden, Coffee may decide to participate in other tournaments or reduce the amount. I would bet they won't play as many games or tournaments.

The high school doesnt work on fields for their tournament. We do the fields for their tournament and no we will not ban our programs from fields for the high school to play on. oh yea i have daughter that plays for high school but our programs come first over anyone else. cant believe yu would even mention banning city programs over county program that does not put any money into recreation program here in fayetteville. Yu tring to get me run out of Fayetteville? lol Cause if i stopped leagues here for this tournament id get shot.leagues dont like giving up field for weekend much less a whole week.But hey i usually agree with your comments.But as i said earlier in thread if we dont get a flood before tournament we will have fields in good shape.