White County vs SCHS

secretagentman

I thought it was a basketball game, not football.Who really cares what the football team is going. I mean it is good they are still alive in football...but it is a basketball game...right???? They should have played the game on Friday like it was scheduled. I am sure that the bus was not the main issue.

Posted by layup:

I thought it was a basketball game, not football.Who really cares what the football team is going. I mean it is good they are still alive in football...but it is a basketball game...right???? They should have played the game on Friday like it was scheduled. I am sure that the bus was not the main issue.

I'm sure the SC coaches and players want to attend the playoff game Friday. We all know WC doesn't care about football. It is a common occurence for basketball games to be rescheduled in this situation. Since this is the Hall of Fame Classic(tssaa gets 100% of the gate), I don't think anyone will be too upset this game is cancelled.

I agree with Smith County on their decision to let the fans go to the football game and not have to choose. It's only fair to the football players who have worked hard to get where they are. We all know how much support the boys basketball coaches at White County give football. It is evident in layup's (gee, I wonder who he could be) post what they think and how they say this is not football. This is not a college (hint, hint) where each sport is independent. This is high school sports where small communities such as Carthage get behind all the sports programs and support each other. Quit crying about it and deal with it. You guys are not the top of the pedestal sometime you have to show a little concern for someone other than yourself.

i am not saying that the decision made was wrong, but you should have an idea on how good your football team will be before you scheduke the basketball games. There are alot of good football team in Tennessee. Do you think that Brentwood Academy didn't schedule around football. I am just saying there was no thought process in scheduling this tournament. So play the game! I heard the girls are playing..good luck to the lady warriors!!!

And full court sometimes he is not a he!! :rolleyes:

Posted by layup:

i am not saying that the decision made was wrong, but you should have an idea on how good your football team will be before you scheduke the basketball games. There are alot of good football team in Tennessee. Do you think that Brentwood Academy didn't schedule around football. I am just saying there was no thought process in scheduling this tournament. So play the game! I heard the girls are playing..good luck to the lady warriors!!!

And full court sometimes he is not a he!! :)

I hope you are kidding. :confused: I think these Hall of Fame games were scheduled very late. I would say that several schools are in this situation. I'm sure most had no problem with rescheduling. It does seem that WC could have played Thursday instead of Friday. No bus, I don't really think that is the reason they are not playing. Maybe some WC people can enlighten me. :confused:

This boys game has been cancelled, SCHS needed to play the game on Thursday instead of Friday and Coach Slatten said that White County could note get a bus, so this game is no longer on.

As a moderater & Plus Member I would like to remind people not to use school initials in the Subject line like you have here White County vs SCHS you know the school you are talking about but other people don't remebmer this website covers state wide so the SCHS could be any of the following schools depending on where you are at!:D

Sale Creek High School

Sequatchie County High School

Sevier County High School

Smith County

Stewart County High School

Sullivan Central High School

So remember put the entire schools name in the subject line!:D

Just wanted to say good luck Smith County football this Friday. As someone close to the situation, that is the reason passed down. We would love to have played Friday night as well.

We are excited and ready to start the season off Saturday against Pickett Co. Also good luck to Coach Hess and the Warrioretts this weekend.

Layup get your facts straight before you get on here and start saying thing you have no idea about. Or come by practice and ask me..I'll get you straightened out with the facts!

Posted by Coach44:

Just wanted to say good luck Smith County football this Friday. As someone close to the situation, that is the reason passed down. We would love to have played Friday night as well.

We are excited and ready to start the season off Saturday against Pickett Co. Also good luck to Coach Hess and the Warrioretts this weekend.

Layup get your facts straight before you get on here and start saying thing you have no idea about. Or come by practice and ask me..I'll get you straightened out with the facts!

If you say that is the reason, that's good enough for me. Good luck to White County this year.

Posted by Sequatchie:

This boys game has been cancelled, SCHS needed to play the game on Thursday instead of Friday and Coach Slatten said that White County could note get a bus, so this game is no longer on.

As a moderater & Plus Member I would like to remind people not to use school initials in the Subject line like you have here White County vs SCHS you know the school you are talking about but other people don't remebmer this website covers state wide so the SCHS could be any of the following schools depending on where you are at!:D

Sale Creek High School

Sequatchie County High School

Sevier County High School

Smith County

Stewart County High School

Sullivan Central High School

So remember put the entire schools name in the subject line!:D

Gee, just click on the thread and you will find out soon enough which SCHS it is. Don't be so picky. What difference does it make? :D

This is a rule on the boards here some that CoachT has posted!

------------------------------------------------------------

These are some things I have learned from emails and private messages from members. Check back here occasionally as we will add other suggestions, etc. as necessary:

Message Board Settings

First thing to look at is how you view the messages meaning there are several ways to view the boards. (1) Look just above this thread and you will see either Expand or Tree. I much prefer Expand but try both and see which you like. (2) In the same area you will see RevSort or FwdSort. Again, my preference is RevSort so I see the most recent posts at the top. Takes a little getting used to but, especially when there are a LOT of posts on a topic, it keeps you from having to go to the last page each time in order to see what was posted last. Again, see which you like. (3) There are some other choices in your Profile, also.

Please use initials of schools sparingly! Especially if you are beginning a thread the use of initials can be confusing. Many schools around the state share initals with other schools.

Editing or Deleting Messages. You can edit or delete your OWN message(s). Go to the message, look for the EDIT link, and follow the directions. If you have accidentally posted the same message twice or more then you can delete all but one of them, one at a time.

Best Font Settings to view site. I saw a fan's computer once and didn't recognize my own site. It was set for Large fonts and there was "stuff" all over the place. Using Internet Explorer click "View", "Text Size" and see what you like. I use the Smaller option but you decide.

Netscape 4.7 We have a lot of trouble with this browser. Try upgrading or using Internet Explorer.

Plus membership. This is a place for members who occasionally want to discuss other topics besides prep sports. It is improving daily as we get more members involved. One extra benefit is the Private Messaging with Plus. It is a very convenient service to have. The CoachT Chat room is another very useful, entertaining feature of Plus, also. The cost is only $12 a year. (We use PayPal for payments which is used by EBay and others, very secure.) Helps us pay the server costs, etc, on the site.

[Edited by Sequatchie on 11-20-02 9:55P]