7A All District Teams

buffalofan2005

I sat with friends from Pickett Co last night and then stayed for their game. They were upset that Savannah Hammock and Aaliyah Brown were 3rd team while 4th place Clay Co had 2 first teamers. I watched the PC/JC game and have to agree. If you come in 4th then you must not have had 2 first teamers. Aaliyah scored 19 and Savannah 17 and they said they had been doing that all year. I think the Clay girls are good but didn't look all that good against us last night. Who picks the district teams? Charity should have been 2nd team. They were also upset that on the boys' freshman team Parker Gore who started on the 2nd place team wasn't freshman of the year while a nonstarter got it. I told them I'd post this. I'll watch to see how good Parker is tonight...hate that our Buffaloes are done. Lots of potential for next year!!!

I sat with friends from Pickett Co last night and then stayed for their game. They were upset that Savannah Hammock and Aaliyah Brown were 3rd team while 4th place Clay Co had 2 first teamers. I watched the PC/JC game and have to agree. If you come in 4th then you must not have had 2 first teamers. Aaliyah scored 19 and Savannah 17 and they said they had been doing that all year. I think the Clay girls are good but didn't look all that good against us last night. Who picks the district teams? Charity should have been 2nd team. They were also upset that on the boys' freshman team Parker Gore who started on the 2nd place team wasn't freshman of the year while a nonstarter got it. I told them I'd post this. I'll watch to see how good Parker is tonight...hate that our Buffaloes are done. Lots of potential for next year!!!

They prob give each team so many they could add to the all region team! I know in football they do something like this! Everyone cant get a trophy!!! Just the way it works out! I don't pay as much attention to basketball as I do Football at Monterey but maybe that's what they do! I hope Pickett brings home the gold!!! Good luck to them!

No it has to do with how good of a player they are. Clay Co was 4th and PC beat them easily in their meetings. I looked it up. One was 86-50 and The other was 70 something to 50. Where were the Clay Co players in those games? I don't blame them for being upset. It would be like if Hannah Garrett was picked only 3rd team, We'd be mad too.

It's my understanding that the district awards are voted on by the coaches at the end of season meeting. A coach is not allowed to vote for their players is my understanding. From what I'm told each played is assigned a number by each coach and then totaled up and placed from there. With that being said it rarely works out as it should.

No it has to do with how good of a player they are. Clay Co was 4th and PC beat them easily in their meetings. I looked it up. One was 86-50 and The other was 70 something to 50. Where were the Clay Co players in those games? I don't blame them for being upset. It would be like if Hannah Garrett was picked only 3rd team, We'd be mad too.

I know in football season Pickett had a couple players make all Region and they had a terrible season! I think 1-9 maybe!?!? So ur telling me those 2 guys from Pickett didn't deserve it???  I know they was better players all over the Region in football but my point is they prob gave Clay a couple spots on the Region team to fill! It is hard to say but I'm sure they got picked for a reason! The whole team at Pickett could not of been picked or everyone else would be complaining also! Heck they always next year!!! Once again good luck and I hope they bring home the gold!  I got some very good friends in Pickett!!!

That is how it works to my understanding...I also understand that there was no freshman of the year on the boys side. May be wrong about that but that is what I was told by some of the area coaches. As far as how the all district stuff is voted on, Pickett's team has several kids that can score and therefore don't put up the numbers on average that some of the other teams best player or two does....luckily it is a team game and individual awards will be collecting dust in a  couple of weeks and really don't matter. The team trophies are the ones to be sought after...the rest in the grand scheme of things, really don't matter. 

They will be on the district all tournament team...there are a lot more football players than basketball players.

Maybe they will get the Trophy that everyone wants and that will forever be noticed! That Gold State Champs Ball is the Trophy that everyone wants and never forgets! That would be great! Good Luck to the Bobcats!!!!