Class A State Tournament

Shozen

You are, and have always been, A Blow Hard. I'm sure your boss enjoys that. Give it a rest.

I just speak the facts I know that's confusing for some of you boys over there.  Private schools recruit, its a known fact to all of us and it looks like they've done a heck of a job bringing in athletes on this team as well.  The private school has a good squad it will be a tall task for the Clay County team to pull out a victory but hopefully they can somehow.  As for blowing hard, well I think you know a little about that yourself...

Sorry Pride, he quoted you b4 you edited Bahahahaha!!

Yeah the private school people don't like the fact to be brought up about how they bring in kids from all over to play on their team.  Its a glorified AAU team and we all get that.  T$$AA allows it to happen so it is what it is.  If i remember right the last Private school to win the Class A state tournament isn't even in existence anymore because of recruiting violations (Chattanooga Temple).  The things that the private school people said about you guys, your field, your gym etc... I don't see how you could even think about hoping they win.  They are the favorite no doubt because of all their talent but man come on, you cannot be serious when you say you want them to win can  you?

Edited by UCSportsFan

Looking at this, it very well could be a east vs east championship game. And to think this year's Hampton team was within 2 points of being there...GCA and Harriman has the size and guards to be favorites from here on

They are definitely the favorites, i think Harriman is in after watching Columbia play.  GCA is a solid 15 point favorite over Clay right now but ...... that's why they play the games!  Everyone thought Humboldt and Mitchell would be playing for the title and they're already on their way back home... Like i've always said.. "anything can happen at the glass house"  :popcorneater:

Why are you always on Tyreke?  What has this kid done to you?  You find fault in his every move, why is that?  I'm pretty sure i know why but why don't you go ahead and tell us.. :popcorneater:

I like Tyreke, Good Kid, Good Player. You said it, I just asked who the Good AA Team was ? Easy answer , I haven't said anything bad about Key, I did say the Competition that Celina has played has been subpar, if you really want to argue that, well then you may want to re-evaluate what yoou consider good,better,best. Tyreke is a good kid as far as I know & has a lot of talent scoring the ball in single A Basketball

Looking at this, it very well could be a east vs east championship game. And to think this year's Hampton team was within 2 points of being there...GCA and Harriman has the size and guards to be favorites from here on

Round 5 maybe?? Let's not look ahead though. Gotta get a big win tomorrow to get there. One thing is for sure though. The gold ball won't be headed far west in single A 😉😉

I like Tyreke, Good Kid, Good Player. You said it, I just asked who the Good AA Team was ? Easy answer , I haven't said anything bad about Key, I did say the Competition that Celina has played has been subpar, if you really want to argue that, well then you may want to re-evaluate what yoou consider good,better,best. Tyreke is a good kid as far as I know & has a lot of talent scoring the ball in single A Basketball

Brother this young man will score the basketball where ever he plays at.  He'll be a solid player in a year or two at Indiana State no doubt about it.  I'm not saying Clay has played top tier teams but then again you're talking about a county team where all the boys are home grown, grew up in Clay county all their parents are from there etc... so its hard to take a team like this and play AAA teams night in and night out.  Now if this team had 2 more players like or close to Key they could no doubt .  Now you take a team like GCA that brings in new talent every year that's a different story there.  All you have to do is have a couple a year show up to make the difference of a mediocre team or a state tournament worthy team.  How many kids have transferred into GCA?  How many actually live within the schools immediate area?

Edited by UCSportsFan

Yeah the private school people don't like the fact to be brought up about how they bring in kids from all over to play on their team.  Its a glorified AAU team and we all get that.  T$$AA allows it to happen so it is what it is.  If i remember right the last Private school to win the Class A state tournament isn't even in existence anymore because of recruiting violations (Chattanooga Temple).  The things that the private school people said about you guys, your field, your gym etc... I don't see how you could even think about hoping they win.  They are the favorite no doubt because of all their talent but man come on, you cannot be serious when you say you want them to win can  you?

I didn't say I hoped for a GCA win...said I was leaning toward GCA to win.

Over the years I have made friends (God forgive me :P ) with a couple of those fellers.

But listen, a man may run that jaw about our field, floor, hick town, whatever...but I don't lower myself to their level...Just knowing which has the most wins over the other is satisfying enuff HA!

I said Harrimans advantage was getting MM in 1st round...They took care of business!! Congrats!

They did look flat right outta the gate tonight. I thought they would try to run a little more than they did but they sat in half court sets tonight and we did a really good job of playing smart defense and help side and getting fundamental rebounds.

I didn't say I hoped for a GCA win...said I was leaning toward GCA to win.

Over the years I have made friends (God forgive me :P ) with a couple of those fellers.

But listen, a man may run that jaw about our field, floor, hick town, whatever...but I don't lower myself to their level...Just knowing which has the most wins over the other is satisfying enuff HA!

I'm a firm believer there are good and bad everywhere even in a private school setting!  So i hear ya on that.... Lean towards this way we need all the help we can get :)