State Tournament A, AA, AAA

PantherTown

That's good to know. I'm not too knowledgeable of Memphis teams this year other than East. I know Oakland is one of the lesser teams in the tournament -- I just know how Coach Bond played at Wilson Central before taking the job at Oakland.

Winner of this game should make it to the Finals, Indy nor Bearden should be able to play with either of these teams 

And Oakland will likely have a huge crowd being a few miles from MTSU. Not saying that will phase Southwind as they seems to have a few guys that will play at the next level -- but it certainly does not hurt Oakland by having the entire school cheering them on

Edited by PantherTown

And Oakland will likely have a huge crowd being a few miles from MTSU. Not saying that will phase Southwind as they seems to have a few guys that will play at the next level -- but it certainly does not hurt Oakland by having the entire school cheering them on

No one from memphis will bring in favorable fans. If i were running things i would have three satellite locations and switch up up every year between a West, Middle and East location. It's not as if the place packs out anyway but thats just my opinion. I know there are alot of money things involved in picking the location. 

AAA

- I think Bearden will beat Indy unless Grayson has a big game which is very possible.

- Southwind takes Oakland by 15 unless they cannot hit shots against the zone AND Oakland scores like they have as of recent. 

- East beats E. Hamilton by 20+

- OR ends up having too much fire power for Brentwood 

AA

- Whites Creek beats Sheffield with the press 

- Catholic beats MC late by 10 - MC will look to make this an ugly game

- Maplewood's Hodges has big game against Sullivan East

- Haywood beats Brainerd - I don't know much about either

A

- GCA and Humboldt should be a very good game - Flip a coin

I'm not familiar with the other A teams, other than Mitchell beating Harriman

No one from memphis will bring in favorable fans. If i were running things i would have three satellite locations and switch up up every year between a West, Middle and East location. It's not as if the place packs out anyway but thats just my opinion. I know there are alot of money things involved in picking the location. 

If they went that route - I would love it for the kids to play:

@ Memphis (West)

@ Vandy, MT, or Municipal Auditorium (Midstate)

@ UT (East)

Don't know crap about Sheffield this year, haven't heard anything from them since before 2010 when they had Chris Crawford. Haywood could make a run and end up in the final, they have the players to slow down Hodges to get there. 

Very possible - I went off the assumption of Haywood not being in the conversation of state the last few years .. Only watched Maplewood twice this year and they are similar to Independence - each have a stud with sub-par surrounding casts

AAA

- I think Bearden will beat Indy unless Grayson has a big game which is very possible.

- Southwind takes Oakland by 15 unless they cannot hit shots against the zone AND Oakland scores like they have as of recent.

- East beats E. Hamilton by 20+

- OR ends up having too much fire power for Brentwood

AA

- Whites Creek beats Sheffield with the press

- Catholic beats MC late by 10 - MC will look to make this an ugly game

- Maplewood's Hodges has big game against Sullivan East

- Haywood beats Brainerd - I don't know much about either

A

- GCA and Humboldt should be a very good game - Flip a coin

I'm not familiar with the other A teams, other than Mitchell beating Harriman

I can completely understand your pick with Mitchell. However I think you'll truly be surprised to see what this Harriman team brings to Murfreesboro!! We've got some absolute playmakers and can play with anybody that's put in front of us! We're looking forward to the challenge of facing "The Dynasty" the Mitchell Tigers!! Thursday can't get here quick enough!!

I can completely understand your pick with Mitchell. However I think you'll truly be surprised to see what this Harriman team brings to Murfreesboro!! We've got some absolute playmakers and can play with anybody that's put in front of us! We're looking forward to the challenge of facing "The Dynasty" the Mitchell Tigers!! Thursday can't get here quick enough!!

I like you and I like small schools being a fan of Clay County but Harriman literally has lost to every good team this year they have played besides beating GCA in their 4th meeting.

I ain't saying Harriman isn't any good or uncapable but it's extremely easy to have playermakers playing against the likes of Meigs County, etc.

Freeman will break the press and he along with Marshall and Williams can shoot you out of a zone. If they were in fighting distance of the East press with the D1 size that team has, the Oakland press/zone shouldnt phase them. The only thing about Southwind is you never know which team will show up.

Not so much which team its which C.J. shows up if the one from the other nights shows they are almost unbeatable Edited by mcon6983

Don't know crap about Sheffield this year, haven't heard anything from them since before 2010 when they had Chris Crawford. Haywood could make a run and end up in the final, they have the players to slow down Hodges to get there.

I know Coach Delmar is a good Coach be always have them at the top or near the top of the district every year their have a realky good guard in Kevion Hancock but no real sizes so the big kid from Whites Creek could have a field day

Good luck! 

Only thing I know about Harriman is they have a solid coach and had a great burger joint about 3-4 years ago  :hungry: