Memphis East vs Oak Ridge.......who ya got?

nebuntyn

sweetscience i agree with catswild about tee. i believe east has a better team and bigger team overall for sure but i think tee will be the best player on the floor. he is special.i think deep down you believe it to. be grateful that you got to witness his talents in your lifetime. players like tee come around once or twice in a lifetime in middle tn or east tn. memphis puts them out every year.

There are plenty of Athletes in the East Tennessee Region. Tee is a heck of an Athlete but lots of Athletes in that Knoxville to Johnson City Region, PLENTY

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sweetscience i agree with catswild about tee. i believe east has a better team and bigger team overall for sure but i think tee will be the best player on the floor. he is special.i think deep down you believe it to. be grateful that you got to witness his talents in your lifetime. players like tee come around once or twice in a lifetime in middle tn or east tn. memphis puts them out every year.

It's hard to tell what SS thinks because he MUST be politically correct all of the time. He always tells me "this is a message board and people give their opinions" (he says that when I respond to a post I don't like). Apparently that applies to everyone but me because he attempts to dismiss everything I say as if he's "superior" to me. He spends much time talking "down" to me which I find amusing, since I don't think he, or anyone, is better than me or anyone else. Now get ready, because here comes "rebelman" to his defense.

East's starting lineup is G, Alex Lomax (Mr. Basketball) 5'-11"; G, Jaylen Hardaway, 6'-3"; G, T.J. Moss, 6'-4"; F, Malcom Dandridge, 6'-8"; F, Chandler Lawson, 6'-9". Not a stiff among them. They come off of the bench with G, Nick Merriweather, 5'-10"; F, Antavion 'Dude' Collumn, 6'-8", and F/G, R. Washington , 6'-5".

They are extremely LONG.

What does OR lineup look like?

I may not be exactly right about this but we'll play four guys who are all 6'5" - 6'6", one that's about 5'8", and a guy about 5'10" who can shoot the lights out if left open. We will have a tough time with your size.

Oak Ridge 84 - East 72

Thanks for adding more motivation to East catswild....Be careful what you ask for because you just might get it.  

John Varlas , USA TODAY NETWORK – Tennessee Published 3:12 p.m. CT March 15, 2017 | Updated 17 hours ago

MURFREESBORO â€” Just what the rest of the AAA state tournament field needs, an East High team that is playing with a chip on its shoulder.

Less than 24 hours after finding out they wouldn't be allowed to take part in the Dick's Sporting Goods national tournament later this month, the Mustangs showed they're still the team to beat in Tennessee, dominating from start to finish in a 76-56 victory over East Hamilton Wednesday at the Murphy Center.

East's pursuit of its second straight championship â€” and state-best eighth in the Memphis school's history â€” continues in the semifinals Friday at 11:30 a.m. against Oak Ridge, which eliminated Brentwood.

On Tuesday, East officials pleaded their case at the TSSAA's board of control meeting in hopes of allowing the Mustangs to travel to New York and compete against seven other elite high school teams for a mythical national championship starting on March 30. But TSSAA executive director Bernard Childress told The Commercial Appeal that the governing body's by-laws state that once a team's seasons are over, they're over.

“This is about more than basketball. Sports are supposed to enhance educational opportunities and that's why we've given the seasons a (defined) start and finish.â€

Bernard Childress, TSSAA executive director

And on top of that, the Dick's tournament isn't sanctioned by the National Federation of State High School Associations. NFSHSA schools aren't allowed to play in non-sanctioned events.

"Every state has pretty much the same rule," said Childress, noting that Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Utah and Washington are the only states that allow member schools to play in events like the Dick's tournament.

"This is about more than basketball. Sports are supposed to enhance educational opportunities and that's why we've given the seasons a (defined) start and finish. And we also don't want to appear like we permit specialization. We don't want coaches pressuring players and saying 'stick to basketball and you can play in this tournament."

Rather than being disappointed, East's Alex Lomax said he and his teammates will just use the decision as more motivation.

"It was kind of tough for the moment because we really wanted to go to that tournament and make a statement to the country," he said. "But it's over and we can't do anything about it now. We just have to focus on us for the state tournament now.

"It's just better motivation for us now. It's just another chip on our shoulder."

"Like A-Lo said, it's just another chip on our shoulder. We're going to level up and show them (the TSSAA) that they made a mistake."

The Mustangs (34-3 and ranked third in the USA Today national poll) made very few mistakes against East Hamilton.

Chandler Lawson had 17 points and 12 boards to lead East's typically balanced attack. Dandridge chipped in with 12, while T.J. Moss added 9. Lomax, the Mr. Basketball winner for the second straight year, had 11 points, four assists and â€” as he happily pointed out after glancing at the stat sheet â€” no turnovers.

"These guys are comfortable here," said Jackson of his team which is at state for the third year in a row. "We've played in two national tournaments this year, the Penny Hardaway Hoopfest ... they're used to the bright lights. These guys are studs."

Added Lawson, "It's fun. We like all the attention."

Edited by Icy

Thanks for adding more motivation to East catswild....Be careful what you ask for because you just might get it.  

John Varlas , USA TODAY NETWORK – Tennessee Published 3:12 p.m. CT March 15, 2017 | Updated 17 hours ago

MURFREESBORO â€” Just what the rest of the AAA state tournament field needs, an East High team that is playing with a chip on its shoulder.

Less than 24 hours after finding out they wouldn't be allowed to take part in the Dick's Sporting Goods national tournament later this month, the Mustangs showed they're still the team to beat in Tennessee, dominating from start to finish in a 76-56 victory over East Hamilton Wednesday at the Murphy Center.

East's pursuit of its second straight championship â€” and state-best eighth in the Memphis school's history â€” continues in the semifinals Friday at 11:30 a.m. against Oak Ridge, which eliminated Brentwood.

On Tuesday, East officials pleaded their case at the TSSAA's board of control meeting in hopes of allowing the Mustangs to travel to New York and compete against seven other elite high school teams for a mythical national championship starting on March 30. But TSSAA executive director Bernard Childress told The Commercial Appeal that the governing body's by-laws state that once a team's seasons are over, they're over.

“This is about more than basketball. Sports are supposed to enhance educational opportunities and that's why we've given the seasons a (defined) start and finish.â€

Bernard Childress, TSSAA executive director

And on top of that, the Dick's tournament isn't sanctioned by the National Federation of State High School Associations. NFSHSA schools aren't allowed to play in non-sanctioned events.

"Every state has pretty much the same rule," said Childress, noting that Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Utah and Washington are the only states that allow member schools to play in events like the Dick's tournament.

"This is about more than basketball. Sports are supposed to enhance educational opportunities and that's why we've given the seasons a (defined) start and finish. And we also don't want to appear like we permit specialization. We don't want coaches pressuring players and saying 'stick to basketball and you can play in this tournament."

Rather than being disappointed, East's Alex Lomax said he and his teammates will just use the decision as more motivation.

"It was kind of tough for the moment because we really wanted to go to that tournament and make a statement to the country," he said. "But it's over and we can't do anything about it now. We just have to focus on us for the state tournament now.

"It's just better motivation for us now. It's just another chip on our shoulder."

"Like A-Lo said, it's just another chip on our shoulder. We're going to level up and show them (the TSSAA) that they made a mistake."

The Mustangs (34-3 and ranked third in the USA Today national poll) made very few mistakes against East Hamilton.

Chandler Lawson had 17 points and 12 boards to lead East's typically balanced attack. Dandridge chipped in with 12, while T.J. Moss added 9. Lomax, the Mr. Basketball winner for the second straight year, had 11 points, four assists and â€” as he happily pointed out after glancing at the stat sheet â€” no turnovers.

"These guys are comfortable here," said Jackson of his team which is at state for the third year in a row. "We've played in two national tournaments this year, the Penny Hardaway Hoopfest ... they're used to the bright lights. These guys are studs."

Added Lawson, "It's fun. We like all the attention."

If East needs motivation from posts on Coacht for a semifinal game at the state tournament then they're in bigger trouble than I thought. RWR!!!!!!!