d-b or science hill

Guest lilnasty23

I don't agree sballer101. I have seen them both play and none of them can replace Rob Love. Yes they again will be a great team, but not close to last years state runners-up. DB will also be a power house in the big 7 this year. They will be returning 3 starters and also got a new transfer that can play a little. I think DB can handdle the Hill this year.

I will give DB credit. They did look impressive at the Jamboree against TN High. They look impressive every year at the Jamboree. They cannot play that intensity for the full game, just the 10 minutes of the Jamboree.

As for Science Hill being overrated. They are anything but overrated. Everyone is talking how they cannot match the team last year who were State Runner's up. I'm here telling everybody, they might just be better than the team last year. When things get hard, they pull together, not apart like the team last year.

I do think that DB has a good team this year though. I will definitely be at the game. I look for it to be close, but the Hill will go undefeated in the confrence.

I have seen both teams play and also have coached Nick Bradley, Jerome Odom, & Rahman Graham from Science Hill; & Seth Jervis, Azmar Blye, Henry Williams, & (til the injury) Jarrod Wooten from DB. Although Science Hill is a great defensive team, DB has everything needed to overtake Science Hill this year. And if Lamon Williams stays straight and is moved up to varsity soon, DB will go to the state. And yes Lamon will make the difference. He is a young JaMichael Mills if he can harness his attitude and talent. You can see his athletic ability on the football field. It will go down to the wire, but DB has a strong bench to do some role playing and keep up with the Hill. In the past, DB starters stayed with Science Hill's but the bench let them down. Not this year. I'm just sorry I won't be there to witness probably the best DB/Science Hill match up in ten years. I am a DB Alumni & played basketball from 83-87, but I will not pick who will win because I have love for all my players. Good Luck to all you guys!!!!!

[Edited by Stokomo on 11-21-02 10:12A]

[Edited by Stokomo on 11-21-02 10:14A]