1. 1. Top region team in 2017?

• Columbia
    • Franklin County
    • Lincoln County
    • Page
    • Shelbyville
    • Summit
    • White County

Sad thing is that for next couple years the central office has put Page Athletics in a no win situation.  I was talking to one of their administrators and the school will actually go down in numbers the next 2 years until rebuild.  The board pushed back re zoning till after the election sacrificing Page to save their own butts.  

1 hour ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Sad thing is that for next couple years the central office has put Page Athletics in a no win situation.  I was talking to one of their administrators and the school will actually go down in numbers the next 2 years until rebuild.  The board pushed back re zoning till after the election sacrificing Page to save their own butts.  

I've heard that too

On 7/30/2017 at 1:05 PM, KingTenn said:

The first line was for you. The rest was sarcasm for wickedtuna... We did struggle vs GC, so there is plenty of questions to be answered going into the season. 

The Big Tuna has been out of town up near Chicago so I missed the scrimmage on Saturday but I heard from a source that the score was 3 to 2 Giles. Here is the problem Page is now 5A and Giles is 3A how does this prepare the Patriots for playing Big Boy football. Who are you going to scrimmage next Community? 

When fishing in deep waters for the Bluefin, you will need more than a strong line to land the Big fish. Good luck to Page this year they are going to need it!!!!  

1 hour ago, WICKEDTUNA said:

The Big Tuna has been out of town up near Chicago so I missed the scrimmage on Saturday but I heard from a source that the score was 3 to 2 Giles. Here is the problem Page is now 5A and Giles is 3A how does this prepare the Patriots for playing Big Boy football. Who are you going to scrimmage next Community? 

When fishing in deep waters for the Bluefin, you will need more than a strong line to land the Big fish. Good luck to Page this year they are going to need it!!!!  

Less than a year ago we were two 4A playoff teams.. Giles beat 2 out of the 3 teams they played from this new region last year. As a matter of fact, Franklin County, Summit, Columbia, and Lincoln County all took losses to region 4-4A last year. 

I just don't see your point. 

On 8/1/2017 at 0:13 AM, KingTenn said:

Less than a year ago we were two 4A playoff teams.. Giles beat 2 out of the 3 teams they played from this new region last year. As a matter of fact, Franklin County, Summit, Columbia, and Lincoln County all took losses to region 4-4A last year. 

I just don't see your point. 

Good Point KingT, but from what I see from across the state Region 5 is the weakest in the state and will lose 3 if not 4 of the matchups in the first round against Region 6 in the playoffs. If you are just playing to win the Region 5, then I can respect that.

Now for fishing lesson #2: on the premier show of Wicked Tuna Outer Banks, Pin Wheel caught the first fish of the season and gave credit to his brand new boat. The new boat is Bigger and faster than his old boat; when trying to win championships both bigger and faster helps!!!!

Good luck to all in Region 5 A, the Big Tuna will be keeping an eye on you this year but fishing comes first.

8 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Look forward to seeing Franklin County this Friday.  Hope for safe travels and no injuries.  That is a long haul for a scrimmage/jamboree but we up here appreciate it!  

Thanks GWAVE1.  FC is excited to drive up and go to battle on the field with the Green Wave. Gallatin will be a tough test for our rebuilding program.    

5 hours ago, delusional32 said:

Thanks GWAVE1.  FC is excited to drive up and go to battle on the field with the Green Wave. Gallatin will be a tough test for our rebuilding program.    

Looking forward to Friday night.  Having never played Franklin County I have no idea what to expect.  Hope many of the Rebel faithful will make the long drive.  May be a precursor to a playoff game if their respective seasons go right.  

On 8/10/2017 at 8:50 PM, GWAVE1 said:

Looking forward to Friday night.  Having never played Franklin County I have no idea what to expect.  Hope many of the Rebel faithful will make the long drive.  May be a precursor to a playoff game if their respective seasons go right.  

On 8/10/2017 at 8:50 PM, GWAVE1 said:

The scrimmage was a good hard fought scrimmage from both teams. Gallatin is a nice and friendly environment thanks for the friendly acceptance to Gallatin. I do believe it is very possible we will meet again in the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, delusional32 said:

The scrimmage was a good hard fought scrimmage from both teams. Gallatin is a nice and friendly environment thanks for the friendly acceptance to Gallatin. I do believe it is very possible we will meet again in the playoffs.

Looks like you have some pretty good boys in the system too.  Good luck this year and we will see if we are lucky enough to do it for real next time.