Polk County @ Copper Basin

ValleyTroll

It's back! Finally, the rivalry game that everyone in the county has wanted for years. Haven't heard much about CB yet, other than they are having difficulties finding a QB. Anyone have any more info on them? The Wildcats have looked much improved from the last couple of years in their first two scrimmages. Seem to have more speed and that aggressiveness back. I'm sure the county will be shut down on the 18th, because everyone will be at Copper Basin for this one. Can't wait! Go Wildcats!

After watching the scrimmage last night CB will not want any of this Polk squad! Most enthusiasm I've seen from the team in a long time. Not afraid to hit Walker Valley wr's were getting skittish going across the middle against these boys. Early prediction Polk 40- CB 7 with coach pulling the starters mid 3rd.

1 hour ago, BigRedTrain said:

After watching the scrimmage last night CB will not want any of this Polk squad! Most enthusiasm I've seen from the team in a long time. Not afraid to hit Walker Valley wr's were getting skittish going across the middle against these boys. Early prediction Polk 40- CB 7 with coach pulling the starters mid 3rd.

I agree 100% with your observation of the scrimmage last night. That defense is flat out nasty when they get to the ball. The o line got down and dirty with WV's defensive front, and the WV defenders didn't want to get in front of the PC running backs. I'm so excited to watch this team this season if they play like that all the time! Go Wildcats!

When did the two teams last play?  I hadn't thought of it until reading this post, but I don't recall them ever playing.  

Is Derrick Davis still the coach?  I met him one time when I was checking out the new stadium.  Really a nice guy.  Glad to see them doing well and hope they have a big season.  

2 hours ago, BillVol said:

When did the two teams last play?  I hadn't thought of it until reading this post, but I don't recall them ever playing.  

Is Derrick Davis still the coach?  I met him one time when I was checking out the new stadium.  Really a nice guy.  Glad to see them doing well and hope they have a big season.  

I think the last time they played each other was 2004. CB dropped Polk the following year. Yes, Coach Davis is still the head coach. His staff has changed a good bit, but his dad still helps. Coach Davis is a great dude and great coach. He and his staff are first class! Go Wildcats!

• Upvote 1