Memphis East

karl98

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, tonym3143 said:

East is stacked like no other...thats no doubt. But, in my opinion Lomax and Dandridge are the heart and soul of the team.

J Wiseman is the MAN. 6'-11" with handles. Can go over either shoulder from within the paint. Legitimate 3-point shooter and a feathery touch on his mid-range shot. He plays above the rim and is not a sloth-footed, two left feet, stiff of a big man. He has wheels and hops and coordination. He's just a junior who has a very good grasp of the game.

He had a dominate performance in the Larry Finch classic when East played against Findley Prep who has not just one ... but two 7 footers on that team. One is Manute Bol's son ... who is 7'-3" tall and the other Mr Vanover, a University of Memphis commit, who is 7'-2" tall. Niether one of those thwo are stiffs either .... Bol Bol is VERY different and more athletic then his 7'-6" dad. That was legit competition where he got his shot blocked and was stymied. He didn't get going until midway through the 2nd quarter ... but when he did get going ... man did he show out!

He is headed to Kentucky currently. There is time and he might change his mind, but right now he is John Calipari's to lose. He will be a 1 and done guy, wherever he goes.

Edited by kwc

Wiseman is without a doubt the stud and will dominate against any team East plays this year...he will be a stud at any D1 school...but Lomax runs the show. I see Lomax is rated the number 36 pg in the nation...that's a joke. There may be better scoring pg's, but considering all aspects of the game and basketball iq, he's top 10 in the nation. And Dandridge, he does a lot of little things you'll never see in the score sheet...his footwork is phenomenal in the post. I don't mean to take anything away from any of the kids, i just think Lomax and Dandridge really make the team click. East is a treat to watch, teams like this are few and far between. 

Edited by tonym3143

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

I wonder how long T$$AA allows this illegal team to play in Tennessee high school athletics? By their by-laws both of their new recruits should be ineligible. I’m curious to see how they handle this. If they allow this then T$$AA should be dismantled. 

Have you read ANY of this thread? From what you are typing. you haven't. Go read the articles posted in this thread and you will see what the TSSAA is doing. However it ends up, the TSSAA is involved. They have just made some erroneous assumptions and they have instituted some rules that are filled with vagueness. Hard to enforce upon vagueness when the opposite side has pinpointed definitive statements in the ruling, that don't apply to the accused. They will more then likely have to go back and redefine 'coaching link', with more clarity and accuracy. It is the by-laws themselves that are flawed. 

LOL at dismantling of the TSSAA over this. Such nonsense.

Edited by kwc

2 hours ago, tonym3143 said:

I wonder how long Coach T will allow you to troll UC. If they're not going to do anything about your trolling, they should just dismantle the message boards.

I’ve been on these boards for 15 years buddy, long before you were around so check yourself. What I spoke was the truth. I say do away with T$$AA and let the best teams win. Why should the rest of the state have to adhere to their rules and not Memphis?  You people change schools like most of us change underwear yet there is no consequences for this. You let a County school get ONE transfer and all heck breaks lose but Memphis does it daily and nothing is said.  I’m all for these young men moving to whatever school they want to but if T$$AA is going to allow this then they shouldn’t be able to police the rest of the state in my opinion. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

Go back to the girls side and brag about region 7 UC. Any school with a history in any sport statewide gets tranfers and most get away with it. 2 schools in another sport on the other end of the state have very rich pipelines. And what does 15 years have to do with anything? You been hating and trolling for the 7 years I've been on here. Make sure you come see these boys in the Boro in March.. they're a treat to watch!!!!

10 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

I wonder how long T$$AA allows this illegal team to play in Tennessee high school athletics? By their by-laws both of their new recruits should be ineligible. I’m curious to see how they handle this. If they allow this then T$$AA should be dismantled. 

Lol he mad because his team can’t dominate or be ranked #1 in the nation like Memphis East. Stop complaining now, kids been transferring to schools, y’all act like this is something new especially in Memphis. This is a ever year trend, next year some more kids gone transfer, this will never stop. 

4 hours ago, thenewguy85 said:

Lol he mad because his team can’t dominate or be ranked #1 in the nation like Memphis East. Stop complaining now, kids been transferring to schools, y’all act like this is something new especially in Memphis. This is a ever year trend, next year some more kids gone transfer, this will never stop. 

Normally I don’t respond to those who cannot punctuate and speak correctly however I’ll make one exception. Read my next post newbie and you’ll see where I addressed the Memphis situation and how T$$AA allows Memphis to do whatever they want when it comes to transfers but the county schools have to adhere to a different standard. I.E. a double standard. Thank you and have a nice day sir. 

8 hours ago, tonym3143 said:

Go back to the girls side and brag about region 7 UC. Any school with a history in any sport statewide gets tranfers and most get away with it. 2 schools in another sport on the other end of the state have very rich pipelines. And what does 15 years have to do with anything? You been hating and trolling for the 7 years I've been on here. Make sure you come see these boys in the Boro in March.. they're a treat to watch!!!!

Hey I watched them on ESPN the other day they are something special no doubt. I’m not against these boys, and I’ve said as much. I’m all for building the best team and let the chips fall where they may!  However T$$AA allows Memphis to do whatever they want which to me is not right.  I have no problem with East or any other program it’s T$$AA that I have an issue with. I doubt anyone will give them a game in this state would love to watch them play against the big teams out of California and Chicago etc... are they going to be on TV again at some point?

7 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Normally I don’t respond to those who cannot punctuate and speak correctly however I’ll make one exception. Read my next post newbie and you’ll see where I addressed the Memphis situation and how T$$AA allows Memphis to do whatever they want when it comes to transfers but the county schools have to adhere to a different standard. I.E. a double standard. Thank you and have a nice day sir. 

Are you done or are you finished?