Rockwood Jamboree: (Harriman, Oneida, Midway, Oliver Springs, Scott, Kingston)

TheOgre78

1 hour ago, DragonVol said:

Anything can happen. That's why it's the greatest game in the world. 

How did it play out in the OHS vs Scrimmage? Did OHS move the ball but not score or struggle and how was their D? Dragon thought OHS was the better looking team and I really expected them compete and possibly beat Kingston who many said aren't that great but they won 7-0(?).

Edited by TheOgre78

19 minutes ago, TheOgre78 said:

How did it play out in the OHS vs Scrimmage? Did OHS move the ball but not score or struggle and how was their D? Dragon thought OHS was the better looking team and I really expected them compete and possibly beat Kingston who many said aren't that great but they won 7-0(?).

It's really hard to tell by a 1 quarter jamboree. Everybody runs basic plays. OHS has some good running backs, and a physical offensive line. I think their defense will be the key to their season. 

10 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

I'm not a very big fan of the spread offense. I'm more old school. I love a team that can run the ball consistently and play good defense. If you can do those two things, your chances of winning increase dramatically.

Watching those Clinton teams that had to score 40 points to win wasn't the kind of football I like. Haha

I prefer grass over turf too. Guess I'm just behind the times, but I know what works and how to win ball games. I could care less if it's exciting or pretty as long as we win. 

I'm not a fan of either the spread or Wing-T myself. The problem I have with the spread is you need a good amount of certain type of skill players to run it like Scott last year, they had the QB, WRs, OL, RBs and etc to be able use it effectively but then this year it's a different story, if your missing any of those key elements it can mess the whole offense up. And the Wing-T I just think it's a "run well or not" offense, a lot depends on your OL-RBs, it can wear on players and it's not hard to defend with the right D personel especially if you struggle running the ball which definitely is not going to help the passing game making  it really predictable. 

Each year is different as far as each team's talents or lack of in areas or overall and if teams do not have type of players needed to run those specific formations/plays coaches end up having to limit their playing calling in comparison to past years and what they normally run not being to open it up.

31 minutes ago, DragonVol said:

It's really hard to tell by a 1 quarter jamboree. Everybody runs basic plays. OHS has some good running backs, and a physical offensive line. I think their defense will be the key to their season. 

Yeah, I thought that going in they would keep it simple. OHS seems to do that anyway, more of a basic Offense & D, here we come can you stop us offense. I was just wondering if they seemed to struggle in any certain area or if Kingston might be playing better than expected.

Not trying to keep mixing the 3A/4A in the 1A/2A section but how did Clinton vs Kingston go? I never really heard a score result or how each did exactly.

Edited by TheOgre78

1 hour ago, TheOgre78 said:

I'm not a fan of either the spread or Wing-T myself. The problem I have with the spread is you need a good amount of certain type of skill players to run it like Scott last year, they had the QB, WRs, OL, RBs and etc to be able use it effectively but then this year it's a different story, if your missing any of those key elements it can mess the whole offense up. And the Wing-T I just think it's a "run well or not" offense, a lot depends on your OL-RBs, it can wear on players and it's not hard to defend with the right D personel especially if you struggle running the ball which definitely is not going to help the passing game making  it really predictable. 

Each year is different as far as each team's talents or lack of in areas or overall and if teams do not have type of players needed to run those specific formations/plays coaches end up having to limit their playing calling in comparison to past years and what they normally run not being to open it up.

Yeah, I thought that going in they would keep it simple. OHS seems to do that anyway, more of a basic Offense & D, here we come can you stop us offense. I was just wondering if they seemed to struggle in any certain area or if Kingston might be playing better than expected.

Not trying to keep mixing the 3A/4A in the 1A/2A section but how did Clinton vs Kingston go? I never really heard a score result or how each did exactly.

I didn't get a chance to see the clinton/Kingston scrimmage. From what I've heard it was pretty sloppy for both teams. I think clinton scored once or twice and Kingston might have scored once. I personally don't think clinton will win but 2 or 3 games, so it's hard to tell. 

From the looks of everything so far, Kingston will struggle on offense. I'm not sure how much they lost form last years team, but they have stated slow on that side of the ball. 

4 hours ago, TheOgre78 said:

Clinton 2 scores to Kingston's 1 with the starters

• Upvote 1