MJ hosts Beech for their annual Jamboree

MJGOLDENBEARS

3 hours ago, GhostbusterBob said:

It's okay Tandem, when you are used to winning ͏y͏o͏u go for the win.  1 coach in the game has 2 state titles while the other one is 24-21 in 4 years. In both the JV and varsity games the Bucs made a play to win at the end of the game.  

I can't get myself to say Beech "won" a two quarter jamboree where both teams scored two touchdowns. Good tie boys, on to the next!!!!! 

My take on both teams:

Mt Juliet:  I've seen where they are ranked in the top ten in some preseason polls.  Based on what I saw last night I'd say that's well deserved.  Their running game was very impressive.  O line blocked well and the backs ran hard.  As usual with MJ, lots of good looking athletes on both sides of the ball.  Passing game was pretty sloppy.  Maybe just a bad night.  Quite a few overthrows and drops.  The Grimes kid is quite the specimen.  Not sure why he didn't get touches in the varsity game.  Pretty sure our jv never tackled him.  Should be a fun year for the Bears.  

Beech:  As usual with a Crabtree coached team, strong running game.  Not a great passing night, but that part of their game is improved from last year.  Not the best effort Ive seen from the D last night, but it too is improved from last year.  As with all teams, gotta keep the injury bug away.  

On a side note:  A new PA announcer has entered my Annoying PA Announcer Hall of Fame.  If I were a Bear fan, I'd strongly consider wearing ear plugs to the game.  The over/under for how many times he yells, "Let's hear some noise for the boys" per game is 30.  The kicker was when he resorted to reffing by yelling out "Delay of Game" as Beech called a time out at a critical point in the game with the play clock winding down.  Should probably wait until he sees the officials throw a flag before yelling  out calls. Not sure why PA announcers feel the need to be cheerleaders.  High school football is just fine with the game, the band and the real cheerleaders setting the tone. Anyway, good luck to the Bears this year.  I too am ready to move onto the real games after a nice 15-14 tie. ;)

Edited by tandem
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I can't get myself to say Beech "won" a two quarter jamboree where both teams scored two touchdowns. Good tie boys, on to the next!!!!! 

So not my dog in the hunt, but don't they count PAT's this year? I am sure MJ will be good, but looks like Beech just edged them out on this outing. Be honest Coaches want to see what they are working with is the purpose for the jamborees, but they all want the advantage of a "win" going into the first real game of the year. It just adds alittle momentum to practices, lockeroom, attitude.