Ridgeway @ MUS

kwc

This game pits preseason Commercial Appeal Dandy Dozen No. 11 going to visit Dandy Dozen 4. This one is a great one to start the 2017-2018 high school football season in the Memphis area.

I'm tempted to go to this game since Whitehaven plays on Saturday.

Edited by kwc

Ridgeway at MUS (By John Varlas of the Commercial Appeal)

Last season: Ridgeway 9-4; MUS 10-1

You need to be there because: These two teams — located just a short walk from one another — have met in each of the last two seasons. The Roadrunners won 28-14 in 2015 before the Owls took last year's contest, 40-22. Ridgeway is never short of playmakers and will have one of the state's best this season in Oklahoma commitment Kundarrius Taylor. MUS will counter with one of the area's strongest linebacking corps, led by Mr. Football winner Dorian Hopkins and Matthew Rhodes, along with two-way talent Maurice Hampton.

Edited by kwc

I'm shocked that this game isn't getting any chatter. This game is the Commercial Appeal's 'Game of the Week'. This is a HUGE game for both programs. Who did you guys pick to win this one. I think U went with MUS ... but I'll have to go back to BGIM and look to see who I selected.

Owlbooster ... I know you are lurking in the shadows ... what do you have to say about this game?

1 hour ago, BARTLETTHSGRAD04 said:

If it's the same Ridgeway team that scrimmaged Arlington it's going to be a long day for ridgeway . Mus 34 ridgeway 13

Ooo Wee ... that sounded cryptic. Now I'm really interested. However, the Whitehaven scrimmages, and there were many (Wooddale & Craigmont in the spring, Northpoint Christian, Southwind, & MUS this summer) might have folks thinking similarly because a lot of those were underclassman evaluations, and some of that was brand spanking new offense working together , as well as, brand new DL working together. So ... then there is that.

So ... you are saying Ridgeway will only be able to muster up 13 points.

Hmmmmm ....

Edited by kwc