SCOTTS HILL @ LEWIS COUNTY

pantherpride17

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it's always been tough playing at LC. They are always good and the stripes are sometimes tougher. After that the first half was on SH. We have a new head coach, offensive and lines coach who have been there 2 months or so. We could not get lined up right with correct players on field in first half. Very, very sloppy. Our Coach was ejected in second half when long scoring plays were called back with late flags after we scored. In years past we would overcome those issues to win. Not quite jelled as a team or as a coaching staff yet. Will take some time. Proud of their fight tough to show some fire in the second half. Outcome could have been much better but too sloppy in first half giving up short fields and easy scores. 

8 hours ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Heard it was crazy in Lewis County and the guys with the stripes were a tad one sided

I was listening on and off on the radio and it sounded bad...then got the "stats" on penalties today. Twenty four flags on Scotts Hill...two on Lewis County. I sometimes get a little miffed at people who say "penalties are a little one sided" when one team is sloppy and the other crisp, and they should be one sided...24 to 2 is hard to swallow though, especially after the way it was called the last time we visited there in the regular season (and won anyway). I remember the announcers being puzzled last night after we flushed their QB and he retreated 15 or so yards before being tackled (sacked)...flag on the play on SH for clipping??? Announcers said clear hold on the play. I hate using excuses, and we almost certainly lose that game with NFL ref's calling it, but 24 to 2 is not how it would have been with "competent" ref's. 

SH has some very good players and could be very competitive. The reason this was  a one sided game was one reason, discipline. Surprisingly SH was a very undisciplined team which really showed on special teams, substitutions and penalties. Hopefully they will get this under control and have a great season, good luck.

46 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

SH has some very good players and could be very competitive. The reason this was  a one sided game was one reason, discipline. Surprisingly SH was a very undisciplined team which really showed on special teams, substitutions and penalties. Hopefully they will get this under control and have a great season, good luck.

Talked to one of my friends who was there, and he agrees with you to a point. He is furious about the ejection (no cursing, yelling or talking down to...just questioned the "clip" penalty, then the number of flags on both teams) of our coach. Didn't affect the outcome of that game, but will have to sit the next two, and we need him on the sidelines to correct the sloppiness and lack of organization. First game ever as a head coach and then have to sit out the next two really hampers his ability to "fix" what he now has seen lacking in his team, and to be tossed for so little of a confrontation is ridiculous. 

Good luck to the Panthers...hope to see you again this season.

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Talked to one of my friends who was there, and he agrees with you to a point. He is furious about the ejection (no cursing, yelling or talking down to...just questioned the "clip" penalty, then the number of flags on both teams) of our coach. Didn't affect the outcome of that game, but will have to sit the next two, and we need him on the sidelines to correct the sloppiness and lack of organization. First game ever as a head coach and then have to sit out the next two really hampers his ability to "fix" what he now has seen lacking in his team, and to be tossed for so little of a confrontation is ridiculous. 

Good luck to the Panthers...hope to see you again this season.

From what I understand he didn't curse or threaten anyone so I wish the officials would have gave him some leadway. It could have been a result of the actions from a frustrated team who was getting a little chippy. SH could have a great year but they have to clean it up. Not being able to punt the football is something that can be fixed along with the unnessary pentilities. Good luck