Alcoa travels to Corbin Ky.

BCsportsfan

The Alcoa Tornadoes will be traveling to Corbin Kentucky to play  in the Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic.

The game will be a double header with the Danville Admirals and Knox Co. Central Panthers starting at 5:30pm EST.

The second game will feature The Alcoa Tornadoes and The Corbin Redhounds. This game should start around 7:30-8:30pm EST.

Alcoa is currently ranked #1 in 3A in TN and Corbin #2 in 3A in Ky. KY 3A Ranking

Redhound preview

Redhound QB Cameron Sizemore review

This is shaping up to be a great Game!:thumb:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

The Alcoa Tornadoes will be traveling to Corbin Kentucky to play  in the Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic.

The game will be a double header with the Danville Admirals and Knox Co. Central Panthers starting at 5:30pm EST.

The second game will feature The Alcoa Tornadoes and The Corbin Redhounds. This game should start around 7:30-8:30pm EST.

Alcoa is currently ranked #1 in 3A in TN and Corbin #2 in 3A in Ky. KY 3A Ranking

Redhound preview

Redhound QB Cameron Sizemore review

This is shaping up to be a great Game!:thumb:

I don't know anything about Corbin's football program, but Catholic has played Corbin in basketball for years and the officiating tended to be one sided in favor of Corbin.  Good luck and make sure you stop by the KFC Museum.

Edited by QSouth89

1 hour ago, Throwdeslant said:

One sided officials?? NO WAY!! Lol!

I kid you not, I remember a game in 2008 where an offensive foul was called on a player shooting a three point shot and the ref looked at our head coach and said I bet you wish you were back in Tennessee now huh.  After making some head scratching calls. Good luck and be safe.

Edited by QSouth89

Just now, QSouth89 said:

I kid you not, I remember a game in 2008 up there and the ref looked at Coach Hutchens and said I bet you wish you were back in Tennessee now huh.  After making some head scratching calls. Good luck and be safe.

I believe you Q. I think Alcoa has had a player thrown out of every game they have played in the state of KY, except the Bell County game. Fortunately, it didn't change the outcome of the games, but it did hurt when the players had to sit out the next game.......

4 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

I noticed last night that the state of KY had a great amount of success against the state of TN in football matchups.  I'll be hoping Alcoa can turn the tide next weekend.  

I was very surprised at the UC & Mayfield score. Wow.

Alcoa will need to step it up big time from it's performance at Grace. 

Corbin is a very good passing team, and QB Cameron Sizemore can run their offense well! 

This will be a tough game.

1 hour ago, MrTwister said:

here is a link to Corbin's stats from their game with Whitley County.......https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/wkym/kyfb15/stats_46326_1032

Everything centers around QB Sizemore.  He was 7-8 for 29 yards, 1 passing TD....rushed for 79 yards and 3 rushing TD. 4 of Corbin's 5TD's came from him.

597c070200b1a.image.jpg?resize=500,750

Edited by BCsportsfan

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Everything centers around QB Sizemore.  He was 7-8 for 29 yards, 1 passing TD....rushed for 79 yards and 3 rushing TD. 4 of Corbin's 5TD's came from him.

597c070200b1a.image.jpg?resize=500,750

I've been looking but can't find the site where they were ranking Kentucky's 3A division and this Corbin team is suppose to be the favorite to win it all in that class. Couldn't say how reliable the source was though.