Grundy at East Hickman

bwhite1965

15 minutes ago, Grundyplayer said:

He ran an entirely different system as a QB for us, and had very little time with people who actually knew how to run it.  I imagine the steps for running a Wing T offense, the checks, adjustments, are quite different then the split back veer.   

Holland spent a heck of a lot more time handing off the football than throwing it... so either way it didn't matter a whole lot who was under center with the backfield that surrounded him. Most pass plays that went for 20+ yards were because of the wideout making a play after the catch. He had a good arm. Overthrew a lot of open targets. But in all he was a nice QB. Sanders is the man in sp right now. This year of being thrown to the dogs as a youngster will have him sitting atop all players in this state in 3 years. 

10 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I think the young Sanders kid is going to be really good down the road for us. I'm just saying nothing replaces experience and age. We could have had an experienced 17 year old playing this season and an 18 year old next season. The younger kid wouldn't have had to be so rushed and thrown to the wolves so fast this season. Saying that.. I thought he played pretty dang good the other night. 

You're absolutely right, there is no substitute for experience and age, and  easing Braden into the system and getting him snaps at other spots in the offense, would help immensely in his development and familiarity rather then just handing him the reins.   He's going to make freshman like mistakes for a couple games, but when it starts to click, it will click for him and you guys in a big way.    

I still think he's going to be the type of kid who can play the sport on ESPN on Saturdays, and not Honaker Field.......His heads in the right place, and he's got that type of athleticism, he's just gotta stay healthy and continue to grow mentally and physically... 

Edited by Grundyplayer

I never meant for this to be a peeing contest of Cawood or Holland... my point earlier was that the kids that moved there have helped SP in some form. Either way the kids parents made the best decision. At this point anywhere in better than here. A guy once told me that it's easier being stabbed in the back by someone you don't know than someone you know. Meaning I wonder if there's a little drama in every program?

4 minutes ago, PiratePrideChamp said:

Holland spent a heck of a lot more time handing off the football than throwing it... so either way it didn't matter a whole lot who was under center with the backfield that surrounded him. Most pass plays that went for 20+ yards were because of the wideout making a play after the catch. He had a good arm. Overthrew a lot of open targets. But in all he was a nice QB. Sanders is the man in sp right now. This year of being thrown to the dogs as a youngster will have him sitting atop all players in this state in 3 years. 

Most successful teams spend a heck of a lot more time handing off the ball then throwing it, but I get what you're saying.  You guys would know a lot more about them then I would, I've seen only a handful of competitions, he seemed to make a lot of good throws when I watched him.  

4 minutes ago, BrownBag said:

I never meant for this to be a peeing contest of Cawood or Holland... my point earlier was that the kids that moved there have helped SP in some form. Either way the kids parents made the best decision. At this point anywhere in better than here. A guy once told me that it's easier being stabbed in the back by someone you don't know than someone you know. Meaning I wonder if there's a little drama in every program?

I apologize, I did kinda get way off track.... 

1 minute ago, Grundyplayer said:

I apologize, I did kinda get way off track.... 

Na brother your good. Your very knowledgeable about this sport. Like I said before you laid it on the line for us and I'll respect that.  The next hire we make I am going to personally find the guy and highly suggest he hires you in some form.

03-05 in HS, 06-09 spring in college... I was on the 02 team too, but didn't play a meaningful down for that squad, had just started to develop epilepsy and no one knew why I was having seizures.  Not that it would have mattered, I wasn't physically or mentally ready for HS football then anyways.

Edited by Grundyplayer
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jnutz2 said:

Yes Evan wants to move to whitwell with Wingo because he hates Casey. Casey is a jerk. He doesn't know how to talk to kids. I had 5 or 6 players tell me last year if I hadn't have been there they would have quit in a second. They don't respect Casey, Colby, and half don't like the new coach. 

I don't understand if all the parents are feeling the way you do why don't you all take a stand to the administration and try to get something done? If it's as bad as everyone on here is saying I'm wondering why the other coaches are letting all of it go on? I here they are all taking up for one another. 

1 hour ago, Grundyplayer said:

03-05 in HS, 06-09 spring in college... I was on the 02 team too, but didn't play a meaningful down for that squad, had just started to develop epilepsy and no one knew why I was having seizures.  Not that it would have mattered, I wasn't physically or mentally ready for HS football then anyways.

I gotcha. I was after you. Pretty sure we played grundy all 4 years I was in school. Didn't know if maybe we played against eachother. Lol

56 minutes ago, BamaRules said:

I don't understand if all the parents are feeling the way you do why don't you all take a stand to the administration and try to get something done? If it's as bad as everyone on here is saying I'm wondering why the other coaches are letting all of it go on? I here they are all taking up for one another. 

It's not going to matter if 127,676 people go to the administration he will stay. I've gone to administration who tells me go to board, I've talked to board members felt I got some leeway when the new board was voted in. They at least tried, but it ultimately comes down to the director who isn't qualified for her job in the first place. I don't really have a dog in the fight now with my family member graduated. I just still care about this county and want to see the kids benefit. They will not under Tate in any form.

2 hours ago, Jnutz2 said:

Anywhere but grundy county 

2 hours ago, PiratePrideChamp said:

That's exactly how I seen it as well Bass. Better arm strength and accuracy. Just younger and less experienced.

The kids that are leaving us have parents that are knowledgeable about football. With the amount of student athletes that have left you would think something would be done.