Knoxville Catholic at Baylor

Spartan4Life

9 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

This should be a heavyweight bout. Havnt seen Catholic this year but hear they are a load. What are some things to look at from the Catholic side going into Baylor? 

From what I saw last night, you should expect a lot of unsportsmanlike and dirty play along with a few undisciplined superstars. 

13 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

I wouldn't say that's any different that typical Catholic Haha jk. 

What are their strengths and weaknesses? How did y'all beat them? 

Imo the fatigue factor of that big ole line is a huge factor. We were completely outsized but we have enough to run in and out. I really don't see Catholic having much difficulties in 5A. Bussell is one of the best receivers I've seen. 

24 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

Deshon Bussell was their best player last night. Kid is awesome.  Catholic is huge on the LOS and very athletic. Only reason Maryville beat Catholic was because of being more disciplined.

Bussell is an outstanding athlete and I look for him to gain some bigger offers soon. Harris vs Bussell will be a good match up Friday.

52 minutes ago, Rhea Co. said:

Bussell is an outstanding athlete and I look for him to gain some bigger offers soon. Harris vs Bussell will be a good match up Friday.

So they are big up front? Baylor strength is their secondary so that will be an interesting matchup for sure. Has anyone seen both catholic and baylor this summer? 

Baylor is very disciplined and has some great athletes but not as much depth as Maryvile I wouldn't say. That could spell trouble. 

Edited by Spartan4Life

Catholic is so hard to defend because they have Bussell and other good receivers. They have a Quarterback that can run and pass. They have a big tailback that can run the ball well. It all starts up front though. That Oline has some monsters. Coach Matthews does a good job with the offense. Defensively Catholic is not bad at all. Maryville has a great offense.

7 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

This should be a great game to see. Will it be streamed?

I think Baylor School does free live streaming through their website. I think so too. Catholic opening up with two top ten teams. Kudos to them. And they still have BA on the schedule. Maryville schedules Catholic and Oakland to start. I love seeing the big dogs play the big dogs. Nice. 

Edited by Spartan4Life

3 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

I think Baylor School does free live streaming through their website. I think so too. Catholic opening up with two top ten teams. Kudos to them. And they still have BA on the schedule. Maryville schedules Catholic and Oakland to start. I love seeing the big dogs play the big dogs. Nice. 

Yeah we have a tough schedule this year no doubt. Will help come playoff time. We didn't have a week 2 opponent for the longest. Coach Hunt called all over trying to find one.