wk.2- Scotts Hill hosts Dresden

HevyReturns

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna b a tough one for the SH lions. Coach was ejected against LC and will not be on sidelines. Had a sloppy 1st half at LC and it could get out of hand quick for the home team if we don't get it together this week. We Welcome Dresden to the Hill for the first time. We have the toughest schedule in our history and this game proves it. Good luck to D Lions and safe travels next Friday night. Hopefully SH will show up and make it Good game.... 

My footballer son a few years back was "this close" to moving there & playing. We had pen in hand to sign the lease, I hesitated so I could discuss with rest of family back in Haywood, by time we got home the landlords changed mind, they selling out everything to Nash. Investor instead. So we ended up in Dresden. Love it here. There at SH everything is so nice and new too. Great facilities. And y'all's coach being tossed (& players if that happens), esp if it deemed unjust by almost all, that rallies the team & everyone becomes extra-everything.. faster, hitting, tackling & running, enthusiasm & energy, intensity... fans louder & more supportive. That may be a plus in SH column, not a negative. Add this enhanced emotions to the chance to play defending 1A champs, making everyone more stoked & pumped-up to take down Da Man. No way is DHS Lions underestimating you guys, not at all. You guys can (& do) beat teams you were supposed to lose big to, shocking the world more than once. And we trying to get used to all the new coaches, plays, schemes, which players are best at a position, overcoming several key injuries to starters already... yep, our Lions will have to earn everything this year. No gimmies at all. But I giving 10 to 1 odds, paying in gold coins, that the black & gold Lions team will win. Betcha. ...It is a pretty area over there. I think our Lions will enjoy the trip & scenery anyways, at least going there. Ha. On way back it might be a "burning derrière" & "flushed faces" from being embarrassed by the spanking we got from your Lions. Hope not. Don't think so. But there is a perfect storm of factors for a motivated team like SH to get a surprising win. DHS needs our A+ game for sure! Good luck, & no injuries upon either team. GO LIONS! :)

I went to the hill for the first time last yr and I thought it was a great place to play and will be making the trip this yr also when Waverly plays. We won that game 40-0 and then played again in the playoffs and only won by 6 or 7 points if I recall so you can't ever count out SH they got a good program and all the guys on the T from there are very respectful. It might be a uphill battle but pulling for SH in this one good luck guys.

21 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

I went to the hill for the first time last yr and I thought it was a great place to play and will be making the trip this yr also when Waverly plays. We won that game 40-0 and then played again in the playoffs and only won by 6 or 7 points if I recall so you can't ever count out SH they got a good program and all the guys on the T from there are very respectful. It might be a uphill battle but pulling for SH in this one good luck guys.

Yeppers, assuming that a second game will go the same as the first is unwise. The year before we won 1A Dresden beat Trenton pretty bad in regular season there, then in playoffs they soundly beat us at our place. Can't ever underestimate opponents nor overestimate selves. Getcha in trouble. 

Edited by HevyReturns
Left out a phrase

We've got a lot working against us. Graduated all the skill position starters on offense, the two leading tacklers and all starting secondary. Now the coach has to be absent after the team not being ready for in game situations last week, stemming from the officials calling 24 penalties on us and 2 on our opponents. If all that doesn't make us mad enough to play our hearts out I have no idea what would. Everything points to a Dresden walkover...I wouldn't bet on it.

Decent improvements, but too many mistakes. Turnovers seem to hurt young teams more than those with experience, and we made some at costly times...going in to score to tie the game and put it on the ground at the goal line, then give up the long run to go down two scores immediately. Congratulations Dresden, on a good team and great sportsmanship...kids on both sides laying licks, then helping opponents up afterward. Safe travels home, and hope that we can keep this game on the schedule going forward!