Cleveland Heads up to Bearden

alt1958

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

They have an experienced Qb, their RB is athletic and shifty and play good defense. I don't know much about them just going off what I saw against Knox west. 

Did you notice how difficult it was for them to run the ball and also how their QB got sacked or was running for his life. Their O Line is not very good. They had to hold West front four of five on defense the whole game. One touchdown was a long pass, and the other was a tipped pass and then a great run against a defensive backfield that can't tackle.

West never really tried to run the ball consistently against Bearden. West QB won the game for Bearden by throwing interceptions to set up Bearden with a short field. He also held the ball for too long when he should have run the ball or thrown it away instead of trying to make something out of nothing. West fumbles also hurt them. Bearden beat a team that gave the game to them. Well I guess the QB is not all to blame, the coach, or coaches kept calling the pass plays and never sat the QB down to give him the message to take care of the football. 

Most teams that are good at running the ball are also good at stoping the run. Bearden can't run the ball. Bearden can throw and catch, but can't protect the QB. Bearden can defend the pass, it seems, but has not faced a good QB.

If Bearden wins the game, maybe Coach Cummings will be coming back to get the West offense straightened out. If Bearden gets beat, well I don't know if they will win their next few games because Jeff. Co. looks pretty good. Just look at their schedule and see where the wins are. If HVA wins big vs West, then Bearden has another loss to look at. Then there is also S-D, Farr. JCSH, who is loaded this year, D-B, who took a great Greenville team to the wire, CAK, what do you prove by getting beat by a private school, then Morristown West, who they won't beat after they have already lost all of those other games. You can't make a living on beating KHS, PHS, and WB any more.