Avery @ C-Land

foreveranole

Avery beat an Ashe Cnty team that didn't have much and usually don't. Then McDowell handed them a good whipping but usually carries a decent team then The Pioneers came to McDonald Stadium and cleaned house. But like someone mentioned those are quite a bit bigger schools than us. That doesn't mean they are always gonna be better tho. C Land has surprised some of us with their 2 games played. GP also has a decent team. Bigger all the way around than us. Bigger line, more athletes, more players and even a nice Charter Bus. Lol. But the Lander Squad had the bigger heart at the final buzzer. And that means a lot. NG didn't have much so really that don't give us much to compare to. But our will, hustle, grit and just physical toughness has surprised a bunch. I myself didn't see us beating GP with not seeing C Land have played since last year and knowing what we lost. But we all remember what happened at Avery last year. No matter that calls, luck, or even coaching we lost. And we gotta be ready for a hard faught game Fri night at Orr field. Avery plays us like we play H Town. They hate to lose to us poor TN folk from a small town school that don't teach the kids at the school anything. Y'all know exactly what I'm talking about. Any way they do have a couple or 3 good athletes. 2 are brothers and have been good ball players all the way up from Elem school. The younger of the brothers run  the QB slot and can throw the ball but loves to tuck it and run. If they can throw on us pretty easy and we leave the QB untouched like we did GP then it could be a long night. We gotta hang on to the ball, control the LOS and run the clock by power running. But I have been reading the Top 10 in 1a and some people are mentioning us and I don't see that. We are pretty good for small town East TN, but don't think we play with some of the others mentioned. It's still early and we go A LOT to prove still yet. But they are off to a good start and they are being taught to believe in their selves and gotta work for every play. And that's a big part of why we have won our 1st 2 games. All this just my opinion tho. And as for H Town, until we beat them, they still are on top of our battle. Even if they lose 2 more or whatever. We will get their best as well. Good luck to both squads and hope for good hard but injury free Friday night football

I think our boys have been mentally reconditioned to not think so much about Hampton.  It's just another game on the schedule.  We have bigger fish to catch.  Right now,  we are playing catch up ball to coalfield and greenback. I'd like to see those rivalries renewed.  The atmosphere at cooper field is awesome.  Those boys are serious about their football.  We've got to work to get back to that level.  We have the leaders in place.  They are the only ones who remember the tradition of cloudland football.  The gold jersey is only a small step towards that history.   It's imperative that we destroy avery Friday.  There can be no mercy.  I would be no less satisfied if we goose egg and hold them to negative yards rushing.  It has to be the goal of every player to go out there and completely dominate

49 minutes ago, THE KING said:

I think our boys have been mentally reconditioned to not think so much about Hampton.  It's just another game on the schedule.  We have bigger fish to catch.  Right now,  we are playing catch up ball to coalfield and greenback. I'd like to see those rivalries renewed.  The atmosphere at cooper field is awesome.  Those boys are serious about their football.  We've got to work to get back to that level.  We have the leaders in place.  They are the only ones who remember the tradition of cloudland football.  The gold jersey is only a small step towards that history.   It's imperative that we destroy avery Friday.  There can be no mercy.  I would be no less satisfied if we goose egg and hold them to negative yards rushing.  It has to be the goal of every player to go out there and completely dominate

I sure like the way you talk!I see it the same way.Can't be a weak sister on the gridiron!

I look forward to Cloudland getting back.These small town rivalries are awesome.The setting for these type games just aren't the same a bigger schools,so much pride and second and third generation players just can't be matched.Players playing every down and special teams,real iron man football.

Onb, we're from the same generation and similar background.  I love meeting like minded individuals.  The way we took it to gp was a thing of beauty.  Then we turn around and destroy the little huskies the next week.  I feel this team is on a mission.  I love the way coach is preparing these guys

I agree with what y'all are saying. I'm just saying I don't think C Land is Top 10 1a mentioning material at this point. And no matter what, we CANT look past Avery. We seen that last year. Every Win is as important as the last. They could've got stomped all 3 games they have played and still play us like they are undefeated. Who they have played and how they have done says nuttin to what's could happen Friday night. I believe in our small town team and they have earned that and made me believe it. Hope we are 3-0 next week at this time. 

Yeah the brothers are the ones I was talking about! The younger of the 2 bring to QB. I didn't realize that Tre's Lil brother was in High School. Wow time flies. Any way I thought we should've had the upper hand on the line last year and the better of the backs, but still came out with the big L. Hope the Win comes back to TN this coming week tho. Even tho, according to most of them, we are not worthy