Wayne Co @ Middleton

wildcat89

3 hours ago, wildcat89 said:

Time to talk about next week, I know nothing about Middleton football and hate going into a game against somebody I know absolutely nothing about. Anybody got any info they'd like to share?

Our JV could probably name the score. Biggersville and Alcorn Central are not good Mississippi teams by any stretch. I try to never badmouth other programs, but WC has never really played a program with a track record as bad as Middleton. They did some winning in the 60s and 70s, but that's about it. Closest comparison I can think of is Cornersville, or maybe Richland over the last decade, but that's actually an unfair comparison to both of those programs.

Also, parking is limited at Middleton, especially if Wayne Co. brings a normal contingent. 

To say something positive, they are one of the best and most consistent basketball programs in Class A, and I believe they have a pretty highly regarded college prospect on the line, but I'm not sure of his position. 

For what's it's worth the Jackson Sun thought they'd finish 5th in the region ahead of McEwen and PC.

Edited by 1RT

1 hour ago, 1RT said:

To say something positive, they are one of the best and most consistent basketball programs in Class A, and I believe they have a pretty highly regarded college prospect on the line, but I'm not sure of his position. 

For what's it's worth the Jackson Sun thought they'd finish 5th in the region ahead of McEwen and PC.

Thanks, I'm going to try and see some film but ain't had time to dig for any

I want to start this  post off with the disclaimer that nothing  I say here should be misconstrued  to imply that i am predicting that Middleton can beat Wayne County.   

But I can tell you a little bit about this team.  They do have a couple of good athletes.  The QB rushed for around 200 yards and passed for over 100 last friday.  They also have a couple of speedy receivers. Their game with alcorn central was much closer than the score. Neither team could stop the other's offense. Both teams were right at 400 yards of total offense.   Middleton had some key turnovers on special teams that led to quick scores for alcorn and they just couldnt get enough stops on defense to close the gap.

This middleton team is much better than the team from last year. Now I am not talking wayne county or Huntingdon good.  but i do believe that they will be competitive with perry county and McEwen and possibly even Collinwood if they can avoid injuries to thier key guys  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Crock1615 said:

I want to start this  post off with the disclaimer that nothing  I say here should be misconstrued  to imply that i am predicting that Middleton can beat Wayne County.   

But I can tell you a little bit about this team.  They do have a couple of good athletes.  The QB rushed for around 200 yards and passed for over 100 last friday.  They also have a couple of speedy receivers. Their game with alcorn central was much closer than the score. Neither team could stop the other's offense. Both teams were right at 400 yards of total offense.   Middleton had some key turnovers on special teams that led to quick scores for alcorn and they just couldnt get enough stops on defense to close the gap.

This middleton team is much better than the team from last year. Now I am not talking wayne county or Huntingdon good.  but i do believe that they will be competitive with perry county and McEwen and possibly even Collinwood if they can avoid injuries to thier key guys  

Thanks for the info, WC will go into this game like they do all games and that's prepare all week like they're  playing the best team in the state. I enjoy going to places we never been but this is the first time we've traveled to a place that without having a clue what to expect. I feel like WC will bring its usual road fans so Middleton will get a good gate off this one, we usually travel well

I haven't seen Middleton in two seasons, but they are rarely any different. Pieces that look good, but as a unit...awful (no disrespect intended). They have enough exceptional athletes in the average year to be one of the premier programs in the west, but you'll have to visit the gym to see them. WC will have no trouble getting the W, and next years starters will get some practice.

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

I haven't seen Middleton in two seasons, but they are rarely any different. Pieces that look good, but as a unit...awful (no disrespect intended). They have enough exceptional athletes in the average year to be one of the premier programs in the west, but you'll have to visit the gym to see them. WC will have no trouble getting the W, and next years starters will get some practice.

Back when Middleton was in the region with Scotts hill, they were the only 1a team in a 2a region.  They were not competitive. The non region games that they would schedule with smaller schools they would be competitive and sometimes win,  hence the 1 to 3 win seasons. 

I truly believe the games between Middleton and the bottom half of region 6-1a will be competitive. 

Look forward to new territory. Watched some film and they look like they going to spread us out. Look to have athletes all over the field but for some reason just don't equate to w's. I'm a homer, so I will go with WC in this one. 

On another note, it was good to #70 back for us Friday night. Now if we can just get more of our wounded back things will make me feel a lot better about the season. 

3 hours ago, Crock1615 said:

Back when Middleton was in the region with Scotts hill, they were the only 1a team in a 2a region.  They were not competitive. The non region games that they would schedule with smaller schools they would be competitive and sometimes win,  hence the 1 to 3 win seasons. 

I truly believe the games between Middleton and the bottom half of region 6-1a will be competitive. 

From the time Scotts Hill "created" their football program until three or four years ago, they were a two wins a year team themselves, losing games by some lopsided and embarrassing margins to "average" teams...Middleton was always one of those two wins. I'm not bashing the program, and in fact I've always said that the Tigers have the potential to be a top 1A power with all their prospective pieces in place, but unless they've vastly improved, nobody who makes the playoffs (outside Memphis) has much to worry about. Get all the athletes in the school to buy in, and a coaching staff worthy of that talent(the current coach might be great, not questioning the coaching) and nobody takes Middleton for granted again.

8 hours ago, Crock1615 said:

You should always have hope going into a new region. I've read a lot of dismissive stuff about McEwen, mostly it seems because their coach doesn't do media stuff, but I think McEwen is a pretty decent 1A team. Bad 1A teams don't beat 3A teams. And I think the Mt Pleasant-Collinwood score says more about Mt Pleasant than Collinwood -WC will find out in a couple of weeks. Perry Co. could be a win, but I'd go with the Vikings.

19 hours ago, 1RT said:

The college prospect lineman your talking about is truely college material. We met him at the Murray State camp this summer and him and my son spent a good while talking about our region and football in general, he's a bigun