Fayetteville Tigers at Mt. Pleasant

FHSTigerfan

MtP has been playing well so far, matching Fayetteville's 3-0 record going into week 4.  BUT,  I am of the opinion that the level of competition FHS has played against and beat, is better than MtP's. That will be the difference in this game.  For MtP, they have held their opponents to less than 2 TDs in each of their games, so is the blue tiger defense that good or the opponents offenses that bad?  Monterey, Collinwood, and Richland are by no means powerhouses this year.   Fayetteville had a strong offensive performance in the first half and held on in the second vs Nolensville (4-A).  When we played Forrest (2-A), we had a slow 1st half and played lights out in the 2nd.  Going against Huntland, we were steady moving the ball the whole game and finished them off in the 2nd half.  In all three games, the defense has stepped up big.  I think they will again this Friday, holding MtP to less than 14 points.  Final score?  21-6. 

Edited by Varo
submitted before finished

31 minutes ago, Varo said:

MtP has been playing well so far, matching Fayetteville's 3-0 record going into week 4.  BUT,  I am of the opinion that the level of competition FHS has played against and beat, is better than MtP's. That will be the difference in this game.  For MtP, they have held their opponents to less than 2 TDs in each of their games, so is the blue tiger defense that good or the opponents offenses that bad?  Monterey, Collinwood, and Richland are by no means powerhouses this year.   Fayetteville had a strong offensive performance in the first half and held on in the second vs Nolensville (4-A).  When we played Forrest (2-A), we had a slow 1st half and played lights out in the 2nd.  Going against Huntland, we were steady moving the ball the whole game and finished them off in the 2nd half.  In all three games, the defense has stepped up big.  I think they will again this Friday, holding MtP to less than 14 points.  Final score?  21-6. 

Competition?  No offense to those teams but your opponents are a combined 0-8. Correct me if I'm wrong but Nolensville (4a) is Freshmen and Sophomores. Collinwood and Monterey are both playoff caliber teams. 

Our defense hasn't allowed a varsity TD so it's not bad either. 

Still, Fayetteville is tough no doubt and is picked to win the Region for a reason. I think it will be closer than you think. I think Fville biggest advantage is experience of Seniors and the Moore kid is hard to contain, as we seen last season. 

I look forward to this one. 

No offense taken, it's true our opponents are 0-8, and MtP's are 3-5.  Nolensville plays with Juniors as well as underclassmen, and next year will have seniors on the field.  This is their first year playing against varsity competition. 

How did MtP give up a TD to each of their previous opponents if the defense hasn't allowed one?  Interceptions for touchdown run backs?  Fumble recoveries for TD?  I haven't looked that up. 

As far as FHS being picked first, I think that's a fan thing.  I heard the coaches ranked us as third.  But hey, when  there's target on your back regardless, you have to get better each week and other players have to step up. 

I'm with you, this one will be good.  Undoubtedly the Game of the Week in our region!

2 hours ago, Varo said:

No offense taken, it's true our opponents are 0-8, and MtP's are 3-5.  Nolensville plays with Juniors as well as underclassmen, and next year will have seniors on the field.  This is their first year playing against varsity competition. 

How did MtP give up a TD to each of their previous opponents if the defense hasn't allowed one?  Interceptions for touchdown run backs?  Fumble recoveries for TD?  I haven't looked that up. 

As far as FHS being picked first, I think that's a fan thing.  I heard the coaches ranked us as third.  But hey, when  there's target on your back regardless, you have to get better each week and other players have to step up. 

I'm with you, this one will be good.  Undoubtedly the Game of the Week in our region!

I think what he was saying is their defense hasn't allowed a td with the starters still in the game. This will be a good one and will give me a better idea of what to expect out of mtp in a week or so when WC travels up there

2 hours ago, Varo said:

What Wildcat said, late TDs with the JV and freshmen in the game. 

I agree that this will be a first major test for MTP although I think CWood and Monterey are both good teams. 

Both teams I think have game changers that no one can prepare for and the team with the least mistakes will win. 

28 minutes ago, junglefan said:

What Wildcat said, late TDs with the JV and freshmen in the game. 

I agree that this will be a first major test for MTP although I think CWood and Monterey are both good teams. 

Both teams I think have game changers that no one can prepare for and the team with the least mistakes will win. 

May come down to who tackles the best in open field

2 hours ago, TheManWhoThinksHeCan said:

Mt. Pleasant is not very disciplined. If you can beat them to the sideline, you'll be able to stop them. If not, they'll score on you every time. It's basically a track meet.

Not sure why you think MTP is not disciplined. To me it looks like they play very solid defense and offense. They have run over and through more than they have run around anyone. 

17 minutes ago, junglefan said:

Not sure why you think MTP is not disciplined. To me it looks like they play very solid defense and offense. They have run over and through more than they have run around anyone. 

Good Luck to MTP hope you guys have a great year! Monterey did not come ready at all when we played you guys but like you all said we will be a playoff team but we beat a average Jo Byrns team and lost 7-6 by a Midway team that I felt we should of beat by a lot! You guys do have some good backs! I hope to see you guys make a good run this year! Much deserved! Hands down will be the the best team we will see until playoffs besides prob Gordonsville and they not looking to be their usual selves this year! Good luck MTP hope you pull this one out!

Edited by TALMAD