Oak Ridge vs Farragut

WilleTheWildcat

8 minutes ago, atrisk said:

Don't think hard work is the answer. Haven't gotten better during the year in several years now. This year? May have peaked at the Maryville scrimmage.  No we need fairy dust, magic wand, smoke and mirrors. I do not see this team getting any better incrementally.

Have to agree with ya. We regressed as the year went on last year, too. Losing to WV in the playoffs @ home with the best athlete OR has ever had was pretty unacceptable IMO.

Edited by SweetScience

Guys, the players I follow on Twitter are hurting tonight. They feel bad that they let Oak Ridge down and have apologized for the team's play against Farragut. I have told all three to get back to practice, I will always have their back and that they don't need to apologize to the city. They are handling this defeat like warriors and so should we.

I feel bad for the team because they are trying but nothing is going their way. Okay, time to start the OR vs West game tread. I have already forgotten we played a game last night.

36 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Guys, the players I follow on Twitter are hurting tonight. They feel bad that they let Oak Ridge down and have apologized for the team's play against Farragut. I have told all three to get back to practice, I will always have their back and that they don't need to apologize to the city. They are handling this defeat like warriors and so should we.

I feel bad for the team because they are trying but nothing is going their way. Okay, time to start the OR vs West game tread. I have already forgotten we played a game last night.

I have stayed off of here because I don't have a dog of my own in this fight anymore. I do read occasionally, and I still either go to, watch, or listen to all the games. I think it's pretty sad that these kids feel like they need to apologize to a bunch of grown men. Sounds to me like the apologies need to come from fans. You've been on here talking about how badly they were going to lose and then acted shocked when they lost. They were outmatched, outplayed, and made lots of mistakes. It happens. And to those who have been saying they should be 0-4, thanks for clearing that up. I've been under the misconception this whole time thinking that the team who has the most points at the end of the game should win. 

Willie, you sound like a great guy!

No offense guys, but if losing a few football games is the hardest thing these kids will have to endure in their lives, then they will have an easy road in life. I would tell my son the same thing, if and whenever he plays the game of football. Things like this pale in comparison to some things they're gonna face in life, just to put things in perspective.

6 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

No offense guys, but if losing a few football games is the hardest thing these kids will have to endure in their lives, then they will have an easy road in life. I would tell my son the same thing, if and whenever he plays the game of football. Things like this pale in comparison to some things they're gonna face in life, just to put things in perspective.

I agree with you completely. That's why I think it's sad that grown men make them feel like they need to apologize to the city. They aren't the ones making the bigger deal out of it. I meant the same thing you said by "it happens," so move on. You have one night to feel bad and then start working for the next one. 

Just now, froshpop said:

I agree with you completely. That's why I think it's sad that grown men make them feel like they need to apologize to the city. They aren't the ones making the bigger deal out of it. I meant the same thing you said by "it happens," so move on. You have one night to feel bad and then start working for the next one. 

Personally, I don't think they should feel the need to apologize to squat, nor have I ever implied that I think they do. I don't see where anyone else has said that either, unless I missed it.

5 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Personally, I don't think they should feel the need to apologize to squat, nor have I ever implied that I think they do. I don't see where anyone else has said that either, unless I missed it.

Dang. Why are you being argumentative?  Willie said it after DB game and after tonight's game, just a few posts up. I never thought you said it. You say what you think openly. I was responding to Willie. 

5 minutes ago, froshpop said:

Dang. Why are you being argumentative?  Willie said it after DB game and after tonight's game, just a few posts up. I never thought you said it. You say what you think openly. I was responding to Willie. 

Sorry, didn't mean to come over as being argumentative, what you said just threw me for a loop and as far as I'm concerned is pretty unfounded within the fan base on here. What those kids feel like they need to do I don't think has anything to do with what anyone has said on here. I thought that's what you were implying, but if not I apologize. 

Edited by SweetScience