Franklin County @ Tullahoma

delusional32

I think everyone is actually under estimating FC just because of the Page game. They also under estimate them because they don't have 2 transfer students that are giant play makers for the team. Anyone that says the Burks kids are not the key to T-town success so far this year is both blind and deaf, I have been to 2 of their games and read the write up on the Marshall county game. The Burks kids are making plays on both sides of the ball. FC is playing more like a team than they have in many years. They also only have 1 or 2 kids playing 2 way ball, so they will be fresher later in the game. I say FC by 2 TD's.  

32 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Tullahoma by at least 3 TD's  I have never seen so much talk about a bad football team as what I see about FC.  They are not good.  You do not lose by 35 to an average team.  Not saying Tullahoma is great or anything but they are much better than the Rebels.

That is some strong talk on your part. Guess we will find out Friday night!!!!!. I wouldn't say Page is an average team. I know its early but they are ranked #3  in the state in 5a football for some reason.

Edited by delusional32

T-town let a down Shelbyville team put 29 points on the board and almost lost that game. Then they let a down CC team put 41 points on the board and almost lost that game. That game came down to a few coaching mistakes and the fact that the other team took advantage of those mistakes. Which made it a very close and really good ball game. Then they lose the lead in the Marshall County game and get their first L of the season to a team (MC) that many have said is not as strong as they were last year. But according to Town folks they are ready for the State Championship Game. Yet a lot of the Tullahoma fans refuse to give credit to the Burks kids because they think they left T-town high and dry to go play ball for Blackman.

Edited by Pumpkin007

7 hours ago, Pumpkin007 said:

T-town let a down Shelbyville team put 29 points on the board and almost lost that game. Then they let a down CC team put 41 points on the board and almost lost that game. That game came down to a few coaching mistakes and the fact that the other team took advantage of those mistakes. Which made it a very close and really good ball game. Then they lose the lead in the Marshall County game and get their first L of the season to a team (MC) that many have said is not as strong as they were last year. But according to Town folks they are ready for the State Championship Game. Yet a lot of the Tullahoma fans refuse to give credit to the Burks kids because they think they left T-town high and dry to go play ball for Blackman.

Punkin, isn't all of what you stated, exactly why the game is played?  Meaning, giving up x amount of points, coaching mistakes, and taking advantage of those mistakes.  Allow me to preface this by saying that I do not have a dog in the fight.  I do however have a close friend at Tullahoma.  He, as well as many others, will tell you that they are grateful that the Burks returned back to their home town of Tullahoma.  Keep in mind that they are not the only cats scroring TDs.  I was fortunate enough to have watched only one game, although a loss, it was some darn good football against a real good football team(perhaps not as good as last year's team, but nevertheless, a quality team).  I watched a QB that has poise, an apparently high knowledge of the game, and makes good decisions.  I watched an offensive line that seemed to be undersized, not as athletic, but certainly a scrappy group of kids that got in MC's tail.  I also observed a defense that flies around delivering major hits.   I doubt very seriously that T-Town is ready to play on that first Friday in December, but I do believe that Tullahoma is glad to have broken a losing streak that spanned 2 seasons.  My buddy does say that they feel like they can compete with everyone on their schedule.  I've been around a long time and am familiar with the quality of coaching that Mac brings to the table.  I remember as far back as Moore Co.  No doubt that FC will be well coached, disciplined, and physical.  I do like Mac's style of coaching.  All that to say, sounds like you have a case of sour punkins for whatever reason.  We shall see, or least you will, as I'll be at the Gallatin - MJ game.  May the best team win.

7 hours ago, hollowman said:

Punkin, isn't all of what you stated, exactly why the game is played?  Meaning, giving up x amount of points, coaching mistakes, and taking advantage of those mistakes.  Allow me to preface this by saying that I do not have a dog in the fight.  I do however have a close friend at Tullahoma.  He, as well as many others, will tell you that they are grateful that the Burks returned back to their home town of Tullahoma.  Keep in mind that they are not the only cats scroring TDs.  I was fortunate enough to have watched only one game, although a loss, it was some darn good football against a real good football team(perhaps not as good as last year's team, but nevertheless, a quality team).  I watched a QB that has poise, an apparently high knowledge of the game, and makes good decisions.  I watched an offensive line that seemed to be undersized, not as athletic, but certainly a scrappy group of kids that got in MC's tail.  I also observed a defense that flies around delivering major hits.   I doubt very seriously that T-Town is ready to play on that first Friday in December, but I do believe that Tullahoma is glad to have broken a losing streak that spanned 2 seasons.  My buddy does say that they feel like they can compete with everyone on their schedule.  I've been around a long time and am familiar with the quality of coaching that Mac brings to the table.  I remember as far back as Moore Co.  No doubt that FC will be well coached, disciplined, and physical.  I do like Mac's style of coaching.  All that to say, sounds like you have a case of sour punkins for whatever reason.  We shall see, or least you will, as I'll be at the Gallatin - MJ game.  May the best team win.

I also do not have a dog in the fight, I have friends with kids in Tullahoma and Friends with kids in FC. I have heard the talk from Tullahoma people talking about the Burks kids turning their back on the team, and that is why they were down for those years. I also know that without the Burks kids, the Tullahoma team is still on that loosing streak. Not saying that they have made all the plays. But they have helped that team play better as a team. I'm glad the Burks kids came back, it has made these rival games a lot better to watch. It is game day, so we will see later tonight.

26 minutes ago, Pumpkin007 said:

I also do not have a dog in the fight, I have friends with kids in Tullahoma and Friends with kids in FC. I have heard the talk from Tullahoma people talking about the Burks kids turning their back on the team, and that is why they were down for those years. I also know that without the Burks kids, the Tullahoma team is still on that loosing streak. Not saying that they have made all the plays. But they have helped that team play better as a team. I'm glad the Burks kids came back, it has made these rival games a lot better to watch. It is game day, so we will see later tonight.

I really don't know how the folks in T-town could say the Burks kids turned their back on them.  From what I was told by their dad he was transfered to the Murfreesboro area with his job and rather than make the commute they moved here.  Lets also face the facts,  that with that move, it put his kids in a position to play at a higher level and get some exposure they might not have seen otherwise.  I believe that players sometimes rise to th elevel of their competition. Playing the Oaklands, Maryville, Clay Chalk, Hoovers of the world helps to sharpen your play.  Either way they are back in T-Town and making some noise.  I don't see that noise getting any quiter this week. 

1 hour ago, Pumpkin007 said:

Fair enough.  It was brought to my attention early this morning that when those brothers moved to M'boro because dad was relocated also happens to be the exact same time that one of FC's starters also moved from Tullahoma to Winchester.  Just saying.  So all of this really sounds like a moot point.

Edited by hollowman

14 minutes ago, hollowman said:

Fair enough.  It was brought to my attention early this morning that when those brothers moved to M'boro because dad was relocated also happens to be the exact same time that one of FC's starters also moved from Tullahoma to Winchester.  Just saying.  So all of this really sounds like a moot point.

There is talent in Tullahoma that should be in CC and FC. But the way the city limit falls it is easy for FC kids to go to either school. Just like as long as Mom and dad want to pay tuition CC kids can go to Tullahoma just to play sports because parents don't like the coach. They don't move into the city limits, they just provide transportation to the school. This has been going on for many years. I think the Burks kids are where they are today because they played at Blackman. They did what they did for other reasons, not just to play sports at another level. I'm not the one saying they turned their back on T-town, that is fans and players parents. There are times when parents have to move, weather it is financial, living conditions or jobs. This should never be held against the kids. But then there are times when parents move their kids just because they don't like that a coach does or don't play daddy ball.  I'm just an outsider looking in, but I think FC gets the win.

Edited by Pumpkin007

On 9/5/2017 at 10:15 AM, delusional32 said:

After the big lose to Page I say FC regroups and wins. A big concern is the Burks kids they have made lots of good plays that have won them ball games against Shelbyville, Coffee County and kept them in a close game with Marshall County. 

FC has a lo g way to go. They will get there and it wont take long but Page showed just how far they have to go.