Fayetteville Going for One "Moore" Win

FHSTigerfan

On 9/13/2017 at 9:49 AM, Varo said:

You and me both.  I think it's logical that this become a big rivalry game considering how these games have turned out in the past four years, beginning with that dramatic 8-7 loss to you guys back in '13.  If it wasn't for a blocked punt and a safety, we had that game.  Except for last year when it was a blowout, all the games since have been pretty close ones.  What would it take to make this a signature game--the winner keeps the "whiskey barrel" for the year?  I'm guessing that both schools would frown on "promoting" drinking by having a miniature whiskey barrel engraved with that year's winners, but doesn't Tennessee/Kentucky still play for the beer keg?  Or was that retired by all the politically correct whiners?  The weather Friday should be perfect for speed football--our hallmark.  Unless your coach waters the field before the game to try and slow us down!  Lol.  

Friday can't come soon enough!  Let's play.  

And a shout out to the other schools in this new district--let's pick it up a little with the commentary and opinions about our teams.  I get tired of only reading/seeing posts by South Pittsburg fans!

I would donate the money to buy a whiskey barrel to put dates and scores on if they would ever agree to that! I missed the first year because of traveling on business. I have missed very few Blue Raider games unless they should roll easy and there is a HUGE region game I can go watch that is close by.

We'll see what happens Friday! I'm calling 28-7 upset by my Blue Raiders

On 9/15/2017 at 9:53 PM, Mcraiderdad said:

As I stated a long hard Knight for the tigers. Proud of cornbread!!

Moore County came out strong and kept up the pressure.  We seem to be a second-half team and did wake up to make a very exciting game of it, just not enough/too late to come out with the win.  MC did a good job of stifling our running game, but on the positive side our passing game looked really good.  I'd be interested to see what kind of yardage we ended up with.  In my opinion, this was a case of penalties costing a game, where we had several game-changing plays called back or TDs negated.  No excuses, keeping your head is part of the game.  And your #5, Knight, had a definite impact on the game, especially in the second half (3rd quarter).  He is very impressive and I think saved the game for Moore County.  You don't have any extra Tullahoma transfers laying around do you?