ND @ Webb

Booger

10 hours ago, Warriors2011 said:

This should be an interesting game.  I've seen ND this year and was impressed with their physical play and very talented playmakers.  I haven't seen Webb this year yet but have seen them the last several years and am familiar with what they have returning from last year's team; my son knows several of their players and I've watched some of them play since little league.

As an outsider with no dog in the fight, my impression is that Webb might have a few more weapons to kill you with than ND, assuming both teams are at full strength injury-wise.  Super duper fast WB/DB for Webb vs. also very fast but not quite as super duper fast WR/DB for ND; super fast WB/DB for Webb vs. also very fast WR/DB for ND; power RB/LB for Webb vs. power RB for ND.  Some very good sized, physical linemen on each team.  Webb still has 2-3 more guys who can beat you on any given play that I haven't even mentioned.  ND has great team speed, but my impression is Webb has a little more.

Assuming there's not a significant margin favoring one team +/- on turnovers, my guess would be Webb wins a very close/competitive game.  A significant TO margin for one team might decide the outcome.  Coaching might very well determine the outcome since the talent levels seem to be fairly close.  Good luck to both teams.

Fair enough. I think that's pretty accurate. What is going on with the warriors this year? I was expecting them to be a part of this race for the region title? 

18 hours ago, Booger said:

nope; not true Boogers lil TeePee dwellin Injun friend from Dunlop......by the new quidelines Injuns lil sidekick Lane and the rest of them pocketeerin self soothers on the BOC at TSSAA wrote up while they were down at that Gulf Shores condo........ Catholic North was the only private school in the state that could quit bein private and b a PUB cause they dintin do any student aidin in their school

Squatchy better b for rightin that ship gainst Bledso this week and gettin back on track......Smith County comin for your Region trophy real soon

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Yes Notre Dame could have done things that way, if Knoxville Catholic managed it. Did ND just start it this year?

49 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

Fair enough. I think that's pretty accurate. What is going on with the warriors this year? I was expecting them to be a part of this race for the region title? 

Very young, very inexperienced.  Way too many turnovers on O and busted assignments on D and special teams.  Hopefully some recent adjustments by the HC will help the guys salvage something out of the second half of the season.

4 minutes ago, Warriors2011 said:

Very young, very inexperienced.  Way too many turnovers on O and busted assignments on D and special teams.  Hopefully some recent adjustments by the HC will help the guys salvage something out of the second half of the season.

How do you feel the past two CAK teams would have done if they were playing this year? I'd say much much better. 

1 hour ago, Warriors2011 said:

I assume you're asking about how last year's (and year before) CAK team would have done against this year's competition--probably 5-0 or 4-1 at this point.

I'm thinking your warriors squad may be a lot like Webb's team two years ago. Extremely young at every position. But the good news is those guys grow up. 

13 hours ago, Warriors2011 said:

This should be an interesting game.  I've seen ND this year and was impressed with their physical play and very talented playmakers.  I haven't seen Webb this year yet but have seen them the last several years and am familiar with what they have returning from last year's team; my son knows several of their players and I've watched some of them play since little league.

As an outsider with no dog in the fight, my impression is that Webb might have a few more weapons to kill you with than ND, assuming both teams are at full strength injury-wise.  Super duper fast WB/DB for Webb vs. also very fast but not quite as super duper fast WR/DB for ND; super fast WB/DB for Webb vs. also very fast WR/DB for ND; power RB/LB for Webb vs. power RB for ND.  Some very good sized, physical linemen on each team.  Webb still has 2-3 more guys who can beat you on any given play that I haven't even mentioned.  ND has great team speed, but my impression is Webb has a little more.

Assuming there's not a significant margin favoring one team +/- on turnovers, my guess would be Webb wins a very close/competitive game.  A significant TO margin for one team might decide the outcome.  Coaching might very well determine the outcome since the talent levels seem to be fairly close.  Good luck to both teams.

not a Super Duper....no way your talkin The Super of Dupers.....theres just no way your talkin the real super duper

Booger just sayin 

33 minutes ago, Booger said:

last year, 3 years ago. 12 years ago.....hippotheitcals

...hears a I wanta live in the past hippothetic for U......the Irish would have run clocked all of U with the 2014 team

..its all bout right now ladys

Booger just sayin graphics-alarm-clocks-119032.gif

That certainty would have been the Irishs best chance to do it. Kareem Orr was a beast and Webb had already graduated Todd Kelly. Would have been a good game. Webb won a State Championship that year and finished ranked 27th in the state compared to ND 40th. Webb was huge that year and led by GT linebacker Brant Mitchell. ND would have had to get it in to Orrs hands a lot to win but that year Webb was slow (for a Webb team). Certainly would have been the best year for an Irish win outside of 2015. Webb was awful that year. 

Of course Webb and CAK could both pick several other years when their teams would have won as well. So you're right it is the here and now. Just not use to seeing CAK so down. 

But that 2014 Irish team was the best I've seen from ND.  

15 minutes ago, Booger said:

thinkin the problem Sparty has, is that he gets hung up on 1 individual player.....sure hopin that Pilot Petro Scool of Knoxville football tema does the same thing Sparty does next Friday

Booger just sayin :shock:

Nah just highlight the stars. I don't know a lot of the names of the ND players. Just their jersey numbers.