OAK RIDGE LADY WILDCATS 2017 - 2018

WilleTheWildcat

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

End of the 2nd....Oak Ridge  21     Maryville   10  

Lady Wildcats  went cold from the three point line. Jada Guinn sat for the early part of the second quarter with 2 fouls and OR missed her leadership. 

Winner tonight takes on the winner of Bearden vs Campbell County.

Edited by WilleTheWildcat

7 hours ago, boyfromsi said:

We make it  interesting at times.  Good victory over a very good Maryville team.  We will need a complete game to win over a hot Bearden squad.

I agree  with SI. They were hot with the Three but cooled off. They stayed with trying the Three which messed up their offense. Jada Guinn picked up two fouls in the first half and sat out. This also caused the offense to sputter. Maryville then came alive and closed the gap while OR went cold.

Bearden will beat the Lady Wildcats if OR plays erratically, It is obviouse to me that Oak Ridge rolls if Jada Guinn is controlling the game which she is very capable of doing.

The winner of the Bearden vs Oak Ridge game plays the loser of the Jefferson County vs Daniel Boone. The loser travels north to the winner of Jeff. Co. vs Boone.

The Sectionals got interesting last night with the Boone victory over Morristown West. Mo. West lost only two games all season (one was to Oak Ridge) but then lost two of their last three games. in the tournaments. Now, if Bradley Central and Riverdale could get beat before State, I will be planning a trip to MTSU, the next  home for Mykia Dowdell.

End of the 2018 Girls Region 2-AAA Tournament....Oak Ridge  45      Bearden   57

Oak Ridge will travel to Daniel Boone Saturday night for a 7pm Sectional contest. Daniel Boone beat Jefferson County tonight 47 - 31. Winner goes to State. Daniel Boone has only lost 4 games all season and are playing great ball right now having beaten Morristown West  on Monday night. David Clary says Boone is tall with a 6'4" post.

Junior Jada Guinn is now in 13th place on the all-time scoring list surpassing Kortni Jones.