Week 7: Rockwood @ Oneida

crow

Just now, Osceola17 said:

Rockwood better score every chance they get because oneida will burn the clock. Oneida will have the most time of possession tonight. 

Clock management!!

I don't know how many football games Oneida has won simply for the fact on the 1a-2a level they manage the clock better than anyone else I know. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Live audio tonight starting at 7:15pm est via http://www.wbnt.com/ or updates via @OHSradio Twitter

Oneida Cable Video broadcast is Saturday at 11am - 6pm: http://www.wbnt.com/ocv/ocv-live/ 

Game should be on Rockwood Alumni Association via YouTube. Not sure when. rhsfootballalumni.com/

Edited by TheOgre78

My phone died but man was that ugly!! The only good thang bout that game was standing and talkin to Crow! I'll be honest in my opinion 2 things lost the game for Oneida 1. Play Callin 2. Secondary  The play callin tonight was just so predicable! RW knew where the play was goin before it was snapped. They was a play in the 1st half that Crow heard the RW D tell each other where the play was goin and who was gettin the ball! They were 3 times that we counted that Oneida had it 1st and 20+ and ran the ball twice and tried throwing on 3rd down. Folks that ain't gonna work! It's not 1990s anymore where. I give credit to RW they had a great scouting report comin into the game but it's not hard to stack the box with 10 and stop the run. When Oneida has to throw the ball it's like they are lost because they never do it. The secondary gave up big pass after big pass and that's what broke the game wide open. Countless number of passes where they were 10 yards behind the safeties. I honestly see maybe 1 more W for the Indians this year in the regular season. 

3 minutes ago, Spike16 said:

My phone died but man was that ugly!! The only good thang bout that game was standing and talkin to Crow! I'll be honest in my opinion 2 things lost the game for Oneida 1. Play Callin 2. Secondary  The play callin tonight was just so predicable! RW knew where the play was goin before it was snapped. They was a play in the 1st half that Crow heard the RW D tell each other where the play was goin and who was gettin the ball! They were 3 times that we counted that Oneida had it 1st and 20+ and ran the ball twice and tried throwing on 3rd down. Folks that ain't gonna work! It's not 1990s anymore where. I give credit to RW they had a great scouting report comin into the game but it's not hard to stack the box with 10 and stop the run. When Oneida has to throw the ball it's like they are lost because they never do it. The secondary gave up big pass after big pass and that's what broke the game wide open. Countless number of passes where they were 10 yards behind the safeties. I honestly see maybe 1 more W for the Indians this year in the regular season. 

I guessed 27-20 RW, maybe an OT game.  It seemed to be headed that way the 1st half. As I said they needed to open up the offense and they didn't. OHS got the 4th down I believe(?) pass interference call to get them into the red zone and a score. The 90s Run Game + Defense scheme doesn't cut it unless your getting yards in chunks, can sneak in a few quick hitter passes/screens in as I said before as well. In a slug fest like this as we all knew it would be and it was until after the half when RW scored on the opening drive and OHS' bad snap on the punt and RW recovery inside the 2 took the air out of the ball. You can't afford to give up big plays or mistakes, secondary, special teams or anything. Tough loss, but 2 weeks to prepare, maybe change things up. Congrats RW.

TL's post game interview: https://twitter.com/OHSRadio/status/913946263044755456

3 hours ago, THE KING said:

Spike, were you alive in the 90's lol.  Oneida had one of their best passing o's in 92.  I got to see that team play twice

I understand what your saying about the 90s comment but I know what Spike means. I had a family friend's son who played I think it was the 94 team, the team that beat Harriman aka Jermaine Copeland the regular season but lost 20-0 or so to them at OHS in the playoffs(froze my footballs off! lol)

I said more of a 70s-80s Jack Diggs, T formation and 4-4 Defense that when TL was at Huntsville Middle in the 90s it seemed become his mentality/scheme. As Diggs said once when ask what's the best score one of your teams had, he said 28-0. "Score every quarter and hold your opponent to scoreless.

TL seems to be happy with a 3-0 win, which a win is a win but you can't do that if you give up points and in this era it seems to be offense first for many coaches. But it not like RW runs the spread so if they are successful against you and gets points with a basic game plan your scoring is a must but if run into the brick wall 90% of the time this is what happens.

Edited by TheOgre78