Morristown East 1-5 tells it all!

EASTFAN

1-5 said it all. I know that East’s has had to deal with some injury this year, but the reasons for being 1-5 is not the cause of it. There is enough blame to Go around for the players and Coaching staff. I just have a hard time blaming players when they are doing what they are told by their coaches. This team keeps beating itself with stupid penalty just about every game. Personal foul penalty are the ones that drive me crazy. I know you will get a few every now a then, but these personal foul penalties are costing this team any chance of winning. This starts with the coaches.  Every week we get “I am having to challenged them a half-time to play harder speech. It seems to me that the kids have lost all respect for the whole coaching staff, because they keep getting these same dummy penalties every week.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 8:32 AM, blazer1set said:

East fans take heart, next week you host a Boone team who was just blasted by Science Hill by 60 points.

At this point I will take any good new. Coaches Wells and his staff need this game. If they lose this one we are looking at 1-6 going into our open date. Their chance of making the playoff will be just about over. With this team being mostly underclassman it make no-sense in keeping this staff another year. They could'nt do anything with this years talent so why would anyone think it will gets better next years. If a change is not made maybe the problem is a little higher.

Edited by EASTFAN

21 hours ago, blazer1set said:

If Boone can shake off last week's debacle then we will give you a good game.

But I have to tell you, we looked like a middle school last week against Science Hill....   a BAD middle school....

Yeah, but Science Hill would make 90% of the high school teams in Tennessee look like a middle school. 

53 minutes ago, haweanbula said:

Yeah, but Science Hill would make 90% of the high school teams in Tennessee look like a middle school. 

We got absolutely SHELLACKED by the Hill.     I mean it was some kind of ugly.   And make no mistake, SH could have scored 100 if they wanted to.     I have to point out that SH did NOT run up the score, they were playing scrubs, band members, etc. in the 2nd half....   Boone is just that bad.    Or at least was bad on that one night.

So what about the contest tonight??     I have seen Boone teams in the past that get shellacked the week before come out the next week already defeated before the game even starts.    Not hard to understand, when you get it handed to you as bad as we did last week you can just sort of give up.    If that happens then East wins hands down.     So it will be up to the coaches to try and make them forget about last week and focus on East.     If Boone can come out and play focused and forget about last week then Boone wins by 10.

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

We got absolutely SHELLACKED by the Hill.     I mean it was some kind of ugly.   And make no mistake, SH could have scored 100 if they wanted to.     I have to point out that SH did NOT run up the score, they were playing scrubs, band members, etc. in the 2nd half....   Boone is just that bad.    Or at least was bad on that one night.

So what about the contest tonight??     I have seen Boone teams in the past that get shellacked the week before come out the next week already defeated before the game even starts.    Not hard to understand, when you get it handed to you as bad as we did last week you can just sort of give up.    If that happens then East wins hands down.     So it will be up to the coaches to try and make them forget about last week and focus on East.     If Boone can come out and play focused and forget about last week then Boone wins by 10.

Honestly, I think boone can win this one by 3 TDs. 

Ok, so East's #34 and #2 are just running the ball down our throats and we couldn't stop them.    Why then did East keep trying to pass ?!??     East's pass blocking is PATHETIC, but the run blocking was AWESOME, plus #34 is just a beast of a runner.       Why not try and play ball-control??      Boone won by a lot of points but I just think with some coaching tweaks East could have been right in there.

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:01 AM, blazer1set said:

Ok, so East's #34 and #2 are just running the ball down our throats and we couldn't stop them.    Why then did East keep trying to pass ?!??     East's pass blocking is PATHETIC, but the run blocking was AWESOME, plus #34 is just a beast of a runner.       Why not try and play ball-control??      Boone won by a lot of points but I just think with some coaching tweaks East could have been right in there.

You have made my point. Just plain bad coaching for the whole year. What make this so bad is you could see this coming when they hired Wells 4 years ago. With the talent East's has had the last 4 years, you would think in one of those years we could have beat Morristown West a least once. Even if this coaching staff somehow back East's into the playoff, the do not deserve another chance next year. East will be returning a lot of talent next year. We need someone to come in and coach these kids up and show them how hard you have to work in the weight room. The best East can finish is 3-7, that is really sad with the talent this team has. I am looking forward to next year already!

Edited by EASTFAN

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:38 AM, EASTFAN said:

1-5 said it all. I know that East’s has had to deal with some injury this year, but the reasons for being 1-5 is not the cause of it. There is enough blame to Go around for the players and Coaching staff. I just have a hard time blaming players when they are doing what they are told by their coaches. This team keeps beating itself with stupid penalty just about every game. Personal foul penalty are the ones that drive me crazy. I know you will get a few every now a then, but these personal foul penalties are costing this team any chance of winning. This starts with the coaches.  Every week we get “I am having to challenged them a half-time to play harder speech. It seems to me that the kids have lost all respect for the whole coaching staff, because they keep getting these same dummy penalties every week.

Stupid/dumb penalties will get a team beat most every game unless they just have enough talent to overcome them.  I would blame the players and the parents for the players having zero composure as to why you are getting the personal foul penalties.  The late and great John Merritt once said that if you have a player that acts like a fool you should knock on that players front door and 90% of the time a fool (one of the parents) will answer the door.

2 hours ago, cbg said:

Stupid/dumb penalties will get a team beat most every game unless they just have enough talent to overcome them.  I would blame the players and the parents for the players having zero composure as to why you are getting the personal foul penalties.  The late and great John Merritt once said that if you have a player that acts like a fool you should knock on that players front door and 90% of the time a fool (one of the parents) will answer the door.

East did get one bad call in the Boone game that was not the kids fault....    I think in the early 3rd qtr Boone heaves a long pass to around the 10, they called East on interference, but it was an uncatchable ball and the defender did not interfere.              Did not make any difference in the outcome but still a bad call against East.