Henry County vs Germantown

HCBigRed

On 9/24/2017 at 1:09 PM, MSURacer said:

I've heard this might be the best Germantown team in over a decade. Anyone who remembers the Red Devils of old will tell you how good they can be when they're up. They should be the clear favorite here, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if HC goes down there and finds a way to get it done. It was actually kind of encouraging that we played as badly as we did on Friday and still won 33-14. It will be a tough test no doubt. I'm sort of in the same boat as gbrpats. My heart says HC wins a close one. My head says 28-21 Germantown.    

You was close my friend. 

21 hours ago, SEC1rules said:

Germantown wins 29-26 in OT. HC didn’t play near their best game tonight with untimely turnovers & penalties. They are equal to or better than this Germantown team, in my opinion. Good matchup and hats off to G’town for making plays when needed to get the W. Hats off as well to both coaching staffs for scheduling a game like this. Most teams are scared and play cupcake out of region games. HC runs from no team and will step up classes and travel to play quality competition. 

Germantown was a fast and athletic team and they are undefeated for a reason.

As for HC, untimely penalties and turnovers have been a problem all year, and should be minimized by week 7. HC has played 3 very good teams and 4 bad ones. The next 2 games are against teams with winning records, so HC needs to take care of business. NE will be tough. They can still have a good season and playoff run, but need to clean things up.

GO BIG RED.

On 9/30/2017 at 9:18 AM, reddyrebel6 said:

Not sure the way you have been pulling against Germantown is a sign of respect or a total lack thereof. Your quotes about them being outcoached and that being the difference vs. Henry County sounds like you don't think much of the Red Devils. You guys squeaked by last year and were lucky to  escape with a much superior team. I can't wait either.

It was a sign of respect because I know they have a good team this year and we will have to go through them to win our division. I remember playing against the Germantown of old which didn’t go so well for us so I’ve always been a lil salty towards them as a regional rival. I only mentioned the coaching due to the slump they’ve been in for the past couple years. We’re still trying to find ourselves with this years team so any good team cant take us out if we don’t bring our A game; Lausanne was a prime example. I respect Germantown, I just don’t like them. I’d rather not face a super confident undefeated Germantown at the end of the season but it seems that’s what’s it’s gonna be. Can’t wait!

11 hours ago, Havengrad04 said:

It was a sign of respect because I know they have a good team this year and we will have to go through them to win our division. I remember playing against the Germantown of old which didn’t go so well for us so I’ve always been a lil salty towards them as a regional rival. I only mentioned the coaching due to the slump they’ve been in for the past couple years. We’re still trying to find ourselves with this years team so any good team cant take us out if we don’t bring our A game; Lausanne was a prime example. I respect Germantown, I just don’t like them. I’d rather not face a super confident undefeated Germantown at the end of the season but it seems that’s what’s it’s gonna be. Can’t wait!

I HATE G-Town! I find much pleasure in beating them... The only school that comes close to the feelings of abhorrer I have for them is Fairley. We must defeat the Red Devils

On 9/30/2017 at 7:00 PM, BigRedRealist said:

Germantown was a fast and athletic team and they are undefeated for a reason.

As for HC, untimely penalties and turnovers have been a problem all year, and should be minimized by week 7. HC has played 3 very good teams and 4 bad ones. The next 2 games are against teams with winning records, so HC needs to take care of business. NE will be tough. They can still have a good season and playoff run, but need to clean things up.

GO BIG RED.

I agree with the Realist. Gotta get things cleaned up to beat quality teams. Usually, lack of turnovers and penalties, solid special teams, etc., is what has put HC over the top.