Lewis vs Forest

ddaddy

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

If Lewis County is as good as some of their posters on here say they are then this won't be close. 

Being from Camden I hear from alot of LC fans, mostly during basketball season of course because we are in the same district, but there are usually plenty of LC fans talking football to and at me.  But I have seen a couple posting that are LC people that I find a bit more realistic than others. LC is a pretty good AA team, but I would have a very difficult time thinking they would be top 4 or 5. I dont know alot about Forest but they seem to be down a little bit. By their scores, LC has gotten better, or their opponents worse.

No way a sober person could pick Forrest to WIN this game. 

The best case scenario is that Lewis plays like they did against E'Ville and Forrest plays like they did the 1st quarter of every game for 4 quarters.  Even then I would pick LC by 10. 

As it stands, I'm not sure how Forrest even scores 14. Look at these point totals: 

Eagleville- 14 (regulation)

Columbia Academy- 6

Watertown- 7

Fayetteville- 14 (all first half)

BGA- 13 (only 6 second half)

That's 54 points in 20 quarters. Most second halves Forrest is anemic offensively. 

Turnovers and penalties, blah blah blah. At some point no more excuses find a way to score or let's just resign ourselves to 4-6 and see you next year. 

Forget the record. There is no reason Forrest shouldn't be in this game late with a chance to win.   

Their biggest hurdle, more than replacing seniors, youth, turnovers, penalties, the biggest and I mean BIGGEST hurdle Forrest has is this:

Deep down they don't expect to win. Almost every loss has been a self fulfilling prophecy. They are almost subliminally sabotaging themselves at every opportunity in these games after startling GREAT every week. 

BGA- Forrest leads 7-0 and loses 48-19

F'Ville- Forrest leads 14-0 and loses 27-14

Eagleville- Forrest leads 7-0 and loses 21-20

CA- Forrest leads 6-0 and loses 14-6

Watertown- Forrest leads 7-0 and loses 8-7 

The biggest component here is mental and it won't matter who coaches or plays, until these kids start believing they can win, they won't. They will literally find the needle (loss) in the haystack (the game) by any means necessary.  

They have lost by some unbelievable circumstances and they will find other ways to lose until their BELIEFS change. 

Edited by GeneralAmerigha

Each week as soon as something goes wrong, a turnover, a back breaking penalty, the negative body language sets in with the kids, the coaches start throwing clipboards and visors, and things go south. It's been the same story every week.

If this were my gameplan I'd spend more time getting the kids ready MENTALLY to actually keep their heads and win a big game. Bring in a speaker. Have a night away from the Rock. Ask each other what do you think we are really capable of. Get in their heads and get them believing. Remind them of past successes in youth league and middle school. These kids need to be reminded that they have had a winning DNA since flag football. The same things that got them those victories then are the same things that will get them a win Fri- MENTAL. 

Mindless running of drills 6 games into the season and the same crap will happen Friday.

These team needs counseling right now. Even the greatest teams employ sports psychologists.  So focus on their heads this week and you MIGHT get a victory