Meigs County @ Oneida

TigerNation

I feel like oneida shot theirselves in the foot tonight. Meigs scored off the turnovers which is really the difference in the game. 

One thing that bothers me is late in the fourth we are down a few scores and we bring the punt team in on 4th down. We have nothing to loose at that point so why surrender. 

My opinion after watching tonight's game (which doesn't matter)  Is oneidas play calling was horrible. You look around our region and the teams that are going deep in the playoffs PASS the football and actually keep defenses on their toes. I know that TL is smash mouth football which is fine butttt in today's game you have to spread it out. Teams are getting better and better and oneidas coaching staff is falling behind. 

We never put a emphasis on the passing game. if you don't do it in practice you can't expect to be successful at passing the ball in the game. 

Teams beg Oneida to throw the ball. Constantly have 8-9 guys in the box. We have to be the easiest team in the state to scout. 

1 hour ago, Osceola17 said:

I feel like oneida shot theirselves in the foot tonight. Meigs scored off the turnovers which is really the difference in the game. 

One thing that bothers me is late in the fourth we are down a few scores and we bring the punt team in on 4th down. We have nothing to loose at that point so why surrender. 

My opinion after watching tonight's game (which doesn't matter)  Is oneidas play calling was horrible. You look around our region and the teams that are going deep in the playoffs PASS the football and actually keep defenses on their toes. I know that TL is smash mouth football which is fine butttt in today's game you have to spread it out. Teams are getting better and better and oneidas coaching staff is falling behind. 

We never put a emphasis on the passing game. if you don't do it in practice you can't expect to be successful at passing the ball in the game. 

Teams beg Oneida to throw the ball. Constantly have 8-9 guys in the box. We have to be the easiest team in the state to scout. 

Being one deminsional is hard to pull off nowadays. Especially a running team because of how they have took a little bit of the physicality out of the game!

Should have been far worse, to big pass plays called back on bad calls, big run plays called back for holding on the other side of the field, I think Oneida had one penalty for 5 yards, Oneida has some big kids and they play hard but the offense is so one dimensional you will have turnovers because good defenses will stand the runner up and strip the ball when you know what's coming every time.

11 hours ago, Osceola17 said:

I disagree. Oneida's best shot at winning this game was to play keep away, just didn't work out for them. Meigs had a lot of penalties and missed opportunities or they would've scored more. 

7 hours ago, Osceola17 said:

We did not keep the ball away from Meigs. Missed oppurtunites and penalties (could of would of should of) that's football. 

My point is oneida is one dimensional.  

We know. But had the “one-dimensional” offense not have turned the ball over, it probably would have resulted in Oneida possessing the ball longer with all the short yardage runs. Thus, playing keep-away, which is probably their best shot to win. Missed opportunities and penalties are definitely part of football, but hey so are turnovers.