AC vs. CC

MAVERICK1995

Just now, hogdogger said:

A.c. 50. Chattanooga central 7.  Must be boring with no rivals.

I think after next year A.C. should pick up non-conference with powell, oak ridge, Carter, and Campbell county. Went to the CC-Powell game last week team looks solid. I haven't been to CC game since you guys played Morristown West in the playoffs couple years ago. 

5 hours ago, haweanbula said:

I think after next year A.C. should pick up non-conference with powell, oak ridge, Carter, and Campbell county. Went to the CC-Powell game last week team looks solid. I haven't been to CC game since you guys played Morristown West in the playoffs couple years ago. 

A part of me was sad to see Powell and AC split following reclassification, but IMO, I think it's best that they aren't playing each other. Maybe in a few more years, tensions will have simmered.

Edited by osunut2

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

A part of me was sad to see Powell and AC split following reclassification, but IMO, I think it's best that they aren't playing each other. Maybe in a few more years, tensions will have simmered.

When will they redo districts again isn't it every two years? I would love to see Alcoa move up to 5A since all the Knoxville 4A teams jump up to 5A because of them.

1 minute ago, Space3 said:

When will they redo districts again isn't it every two years? I would love to see Alcoa move up to 5A since all the Knoxville 4A teams jump up to 5A because of them.

Probably won't happen until the end of the 2020-21 school year. The reclassification cycle has a ~4 year window. However, TSSAA will reevaluate every member school’s enrollment after two years. Schools that have a 20% decrease/increase from their Fall 2016 enrollment (AND the resultant numbers would place them in another class) will be moved to the appropriate class for the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 school years.

So unless there are some major enrollment changes, we probably won't see any changes until after the 2020 football season.

23 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Probably won't happen until the end of the 2020-21 school year. The reclassification cycle has a ~4 year window. However, TSSAA will reevaluate every member school’s enrollment after two years. Schools that have a 20% decrease/increase from their Fall 2016 enrollment (AND the resultant numbers would place them in another class) will be moved to the appropriate class for the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 school years.

So unless there are some major enrollment changes, we probably won't see any changes until after the 2020 football season.

Could teams like Fulton move down in two years? Not saying they will just wondering.

40 minutes ago, Space3 said:

Could teams like Fulton move down in two years? Not saying they will just wondering.

In Fulton's case, I'm not sure what they would be allowed to do. They are obviously a 4A school, based on enrollment, and that won't change next fall. But because they chose to play up (along with Gibbs, Seymour, and Carter), unless they have a 20% increase/decrease in enrollment, I doubt they'll have the option to move during the reevaluation period.

I'm not sure what the TSSAA rules are in a case like Fulton's.