AC vs. CC

MAVERICK1995

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:04 PM, hogdogger said:

Never even heard of Chattanooga  central ,I didn't mean too offend you ..it just that one of our scrub teams from the 865 couldn't  handle the 3 and 7 seasons up  here and decided too drop down in competion,I truly hope you all do put it on them but if you think the MAVS are power houses you better hope you don't draw anybody from the K TOWN,,and I am a Greenville  fan.

Unfortunately I can't upload the Willy Wonka meme, "Do tell us about your "tough" football schedule this year." I do applaud Campbell County for stepping it up a little by taking the KY Girl Scout teams off the schedule. However, your strength of schedule doesn't break much of a sweat now or in the past. You lost to Oak Ridge, who is probably at their weakest in decades. They are still managing  5-2 knowing CC can get in line behind Fulton and Oak Ridge. Cherokee 4-4, David Crockett 5-2, MoHam E 1-6, Gibbs, 4-3, Karns 2-6. Very intimidating to say the least. (pussycat grrrr!) Many of us are whispering how we'd like to play the traditional teams instead of this schedule of unknowns. There is no rivalry here. It will be great when we can once again educate our step-brother in the game of football. Haters gonna hate and posers gonna pose!

Edited by Foxman43
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Foxman43 said:

Unfortunately I can't upload the Willy Wonka meme, "Do tell us about your "tough" football schedule this year." I do applaud Campbell County for stepping it up a little by taking the KY Girl Scout teams off the schedule. However, your strength of schedule doesn't break much of a sweat now or in the past. You lost to Oak Ridge, who is probably at their weakest in decades. They are still managing  5-2 knowing CC can get in line behind Fulton and Oak Ridge. Cherokee 4-4, David Crockett 5-2, MoHam E 1-6, Gibbs, 4-3, Karns 2-6. Very intimidating to say the least. (pussycat grrrr!) Many of us are whispering how we'd like to play the traditional teams instead of this schedule of unknowns. There is no rivalry here. It will be great when we can once again educate our step-brother in the game of football. Haters gonna hate and posers gonna pose!

Haha, this is comical. Your opponent's overall record is 15-36. ER is the only team you have played that is above .500. Mean ER accounts for 6 of those wins in the overall. You have played two winless opponents in WB and Hixson. While, CC opponent's overall record is 25-26. They have played 5 teams that are .500 or better and have been 4 of the 5. I am not a Campbell County fan, but I can't understand how you AC people can act like you are beating the crap out of any one worth a crap. You have played ONE TEAM with A WINNING RECORD. You guys are a good football team in the weakest classification in the state outside of Greeneville and may Elizabethon you will never have to play anybody. I can't wait for the Devils to put you in your place. 

• Upvote 1

Some are up and some are down but at least you heard of them because they have won state championships,oak ridge,fulton,west,powell,,,how many state championships has A.C. competion won??? Be honest when A.C. schedule came out you all had too Google most of them because you didn't even know who they were,..AC fans give CC crap for playing the KY cup cakes,and now A.C. has 10 of them with lack of competion will back fire come playoff time .I'm just giving it back the love.

• Upvote 1

Chattanooga Central actually had a big football winning tradition back in the day. I believe they hold 6 or 7 state championships. They haven't been much recently until Head Coach Cortney Braswell took over last year. He took a winless team in 2015 to the playoffs his first year in 2016 and now has led the Purple Pounders to a 5-2 record with losses to a very good ND team and a Red Bank team that Central played very poorly against. Central should finish with at least 7 wins this year. This game determines if it's possibly 8.  

This will be the toughest team AC has played all year. I think AC is the favorite but if this game is close I wound't be surprised to see the Purple Pounders win it having been more battle tested to this point. AC better come ready to tackle because Michael McGhee is the most physical back in Chattanooga. He is very good. Central can throw too. Should be a good one! Wish I could be there to see it. 

2 hours ago, HSfootballfanatic12 said:

Haha, this is comical. Your opponent's overall record is 15-36. ER is the only team you have played that is above .500. Mean ER accounts for 6 of those wins in the overall. You have played two winless opponents in WB and Hixson. While, CC opponent's overall record is 25-26. They have played 5 teams that are .500 or better and have been 4 of the 5. I am not a Campbell County fan, but I can't understand how you AC people can act like you are beating the crap out of any one worth a crap. You have played ONE TEAM with A WINNING RECORD. You guys are a good football team in the weakest classification in the state outside of Greeneville and may Elizabethon you will never have to play anybody. I can't wait for the Devils to put you in your place. 

Another AC hater....lol

1 hour ago, Space3 said:

Another AC hater....lol

I don't think he's hating, I think he's just being honest. You know that I'm a Powell guy, and I'd love to see AC win it all, but you guys aren't battle-tested. At all. That shouldn't take away from what you guys have already accomplished (or will accomplish) - it's just an observation. I'm just surprised at how defensive some (not all) of the AC folks have been on the T lately. Granted, devilman and hog have been poking you guys with a cattle prod, but still, we're just calling a spade a spade. Nothing personal.

To paraphrase fanatic, you guys are a very good football team in one of the weakest regions in 4A. Hopefully you'll get a chance to go toe-to-toe with Greeneville in November.

• Upvote 1

I love all of this talk about being, "battle-tested." We acknowledge that it's been a cream puff schedule this year. No one at AC is acting like we are unbeatable. The truth is that there is so much talent on this squad like a few years past when the schedule was tough. I think we can hold our own against any schedule. It's nice to have that large margin of victory but the W at the end of the night is all that matters. Post season will most definitely become more difficult. These young men are anxious to show everyone just how good they are regardless the opponent. One good back from the region isn't very intimidating when I look at the first two layers of our defense. With these guys, you never know which side the kill shot is coming from. Containment has been excellent! I'd tell the CC QB to put on some rib guards and prepare to get some grass stains. As long as AC can play disciplined ball without major penalties, this should be another win. It's hard to practice for an offense that has two of the areas top backs and arguably the best duel threat QB anyone has seen for many years.

Edited by Foxman43